Scanmaster as a gauge

O.k., I'm real new and still learning. Why would I buy a scanmaster 2.1, when the new G can be used as a gauge and would fit into a pod? I mean, it's only a $20. difference. Thanks for the links to TT.

Its completely a personal preference. I have many customers that have completely original cars and don't want to mount a gauge anywhere.

However, for those that decide to use the newer gauge style, it is newer technology and has more features than the old 2.1.

Are the numbers bigger on the 2.1?
Could be a selling feature in the future for us old blind guys my kids laugh at the font on my phone [emoji38]

Bob

What are the update speeds?, as far as how it is connected. ALDL? PL?
Also can the Bluetooth feature be used to connect the laptop PLC without USB?

Thanks, Mike

Are the numbers bigger on the 2.1?
Could be a selling feature in the future for us old blind guys my kids laugh at the font on my phone [emoji38]

the numbers are a little larger on the 2.1, but the Gauge has higher contrast and a real font. But there are guys that prefer the original unit.

Bob

Bob

What are the update speeds?, as far as how it is connected. ALDL? PL?
Also can the Bluetooth feature be used to connect the laptop PLC without USB?

Thanks, Mike

The PL sends data to the SCMG at 15 frames/second. The SCMG slows this down a little bit for the display since is really hard to read when it changes that fast.

You can connect to the gauge over bluetooth using PLC and get 15 frames per second.

Bob

Ok, I am going to ask a question that I prob should know..... What is an adx? Will we require this just to connect to the gauge with Bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the adx files are needed to communicate via bluetooth to the android app.

PLC will connect over bluetooth without them.

Bob

Ahh ok..... So if I have Bluetooth on my laptop .... I no longer need the usb cable. To use my Android tablet ..... I need ADX. My next question is where to you get the required adx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob,

Just installed the gauge and reflashed the PL, cool set up! I did notice one issue, when I cycled through the screens and got to the flags display the scmg shows the fan 'on' and the PLC shows it as 'off'. The actual fan was off, I didn't leave it idling long enough to get up to temp for the fans to come on though.

Also, the AEM 3.5 map displays vacuum a couple of inches lower on the scmg vs. the PLC.

Is there some overlap of black PLC boards that don't need the capacitor removed? I didn't remove it, is it necessary?

I will check the fan flag. The map should match. I will look into that also.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Hey Bob, any chance of getting the analog 4 and 5 on the gauge? Would be nice to see my fuel and alky pressure on there.

Any updates on detailed PL instructions or a tutorial ? sometimes it reads through the PL parameters and sometimes it leaves them out and reads standard sm parameters ..

Any updates on detailed PL instructions or a tutorial ? sometimes it reads through the PL parameters and sometimes it leaves them out and reads standard sm parameters ..

thats a new one. does it vary from key-on to key-on, day-to-day, or are there other factors that influence when it changes? The data list depends on the configuration info in the PL, give me some more info if you can.

B

it works here, but a couple guys have reported issues with the bluetooth logging.

I will dig into it and post what I find.

what is your setup? computer/tablet windows version, etc. look in device manager and see whats showing for ports.

Bob

thats a new one. does it vary from key-on to key-on, day-to-day, or are there other factors that influence when it changes? The data list depends on the configuration info in the PL, give me some more info if you can.

B
When I first installed the unit and cycled through I saw things like [spark adv, inj pw and maybe something else] then a day or two later they vanished, I don't drive the car daily but a week later started the car went for a ride the extra readings were there again until the following day they disappeared and haven't returned ..lol I know sounds funny.. still have the usb from the cpu hanging their but never hooked the laptop up yet since the new sm G install...I never cycled through with just the key on I will try that tomor.

all the sudden there are some really good deals on the original scanmaster.....wonder why that is?