Scan master readings conflicting

Twistin6

First let me say the car runs great a little on the rich side but pulls like mad and has no tip in problems throttle responce is right now so to speak. I am however getting readings on SM that dont correlate with the performance.

They are as follows at idle:
AF 02
Int 128
bL 160
cle 168
ats 71
r 950
tps .42 & 4.06
iac 150

The bl has me buffaloed. I could not find any vacum or exhaust leaks thus far. I recently purchased this car and it has always had high bl readings???

As for the tps .42 I'm fine with. Do I enter power enrichment mode at a 4.06 and would it help me to acheive a 4.6-4.8 performance wise?

And my Af number seems way low my last GN hovered around 6 or 7

Mods are in my sig below. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Scan master readings

I don't have a vast knowledge on the scanmaster readings myself but it looks like your iac number is way high. I believe it should be around 10 to 30.Good luck you should find plenty of help on this site

You are correct I meant to ad that to my list of questions. I have never seen one read that high. It is a new 2.1 SM. Do the new versions read 150 without a decimal point meaning 15.0? It starts and idles fine no stalling issues.

Thanks for the reference page.

If my O2 sensor is bad will it make my BL # out of whack?

My IAC numbers are way high and I am out of adjustment of the screw as in the spring is fully compressed.

TPS at WOT of 4.06 is this hurting me performance wise not seeing 4.6 or higher?

And is a setting in my GEN II afecting my AF of 02?

Are you 100% you do not have an exhaust leak. Especially look between #3 and #5 on the header. Check this link out also to reset the iac: IAC Reset Procedure

I would shoot for at least 4.5 volts on at WOT

Ok sir I will adjust for atleast 4.5 on TPS but I can't do that until I get the IAC set which is higher than I have ever seen according to the SM. WHat gets me is the car should be idling like crap or stumble at those values and I am not seeing that which is a good thing. As for the exaust leak I will check in that area more closely tomarrow. Thanks for your replies. Keep them coming. I'm open to all suggestions.

reset your iac screw with maybe two threads showing, use as baseline, reset your tps, give it a few mins to calm down and reset then check again..if your screw is bottomed out and you comp'd it with tps, your blade is way open, pulling in the air insted of the iac ..prolly causing the high blm

whats your fuel pressure set at?. could have leak at gaskets, throttle blade..etc

i think the maftgen will show an af of 2 to 4?

Have you taken the iac off the car and gave the throttle body and the iac plunger a good cleaning? May be clogged up or stuck. Just a thought. But an exhaust leak would be my first guess.

OK I will do the IAC reset with the two threads showing as a baseline and see what happens with TPS adjustment after. I know my O2 is bad too now which I would think could affect my bL numbers in addition to this.

You asked about fuel preassure it is at 42 line off.

And My Gen II module reflects an AF of o2 as well as the SM but not sure if that is normal either?

And to the responce above no I have not had it off or cleaned it. The motot is pretty fresh like less than 500 miles. So I just assumed it was clean

First let me say the car runs great a little on the rich side but pulls like mad and has no tip in problems throttle responce is right now so to speak. I am however getting readings on SM that dont correlate with the performance.

They are as follows at idle:
AF 02
Int 128
bL 160
cle 168
ats 71
r 950
tps .42 & 4.06
iac 150

The bl has me buffaloed. I could not find any vacum or exhaust leaks thus far. I recently purchased this car and it has always had high bl readings???

As for the tps .42 I'm fine with. Do I enter power enrichment mode at a 4.06 and would it help me to acheive a 4.6-4.8 performance wise?

And my Af number seems way low my last GN hovered around 6 or 7

Mods are in my sig below. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What chip are you running? That will tell me whether your AF numbers are good or bad.

I see that you're running a GenII Translator, which means you're more than likely running an Extender Extreme G chip. If this is the case your AF numbers are good.

I am running the Extender Extreme G chip

I should also add that it has an EGR block off in place. Could this affect bL values and if so in what direction high or low?

Thanks again guys.

Well I have an update and thanks to those who responded. One of the reasons for the whacky numbers was I believe the install error I made on the SM. I got the horse in front of the cart and wired it up without unplugging the battery cable. It responded and worked but the IAC numbers would peak at 175 and then start to count down to 00. I would turn the screw and they would climb to max all this with only a quarter turn They wouldnt stabalize so I finaly unhooked the SM and battery cable this time then reconected SM and battery. Finally I saw it hover around 53 I may have turned it 1/8 of a turn and wallah 19 and steady for about 10 min of idling. I was able to get the TPS flickering between .46-.48 at key on and between and 4.60 at WOT. I feel I am in the ball park now so I am leaving it alone. I thought it was weird the SM would function but those values I tell you would go crazy up and down before the reconection.

If your bml's are running high that means your lean and the ecm is adding fuel. You are at the end of the line @160. Can't add no more. Now the beauty of the GenII translator is that you can add fuel in to bring down the number. Warm up the car and go find a nice road to cruise on. While cruising at light throttle what is your blm? Still 160? Use mainscale to add fuel. The blm# will respond coming down.

If your cruise blm is looking good and idle blm is still a little high, go to low tune page and add fuel add idle (800rpm) and the blm will further respond.

Rick

My idle BLM is now at 136. I can move the accelarator to .58 on tps and they go to 128. Have not driven the car since these adjustments and SM install.

I am yet to really tine the Gen II. So I will need a little help on that it is at base settings so I was told when I bought the car. It performs well but is on the rich side. Turborick I am sure I will be picking your brain in more depth when I cross that bridge. You wont insult me offering advice I am green as it gets on this Maft system.I have been reading some over at full throttles forums so I can atleast understand the termonology when folks offer tuning advice with it.

I will go back tomorrow and get the TPS to .40 key on.

My idle BLM is now at 136. I can move the accelarator to .58 on tps and they go to 128. Have not driven the car since these adjustments and SM install.

That's because at .58, your're way out of the idle range and the car no longer thinks it's at idle. Get your idle TPS back down to the .40 range key on engine off.

I am yet to really tine the Gen II. So I will need a little help on that it is at base settings so I was told when I bought the car. It performs well but is on the rich side. Turborick I am sure I will be picking your brain in more depth when I cross that bridge. You wont insult me offering advice I am green as it gets on this Maft system.I have been reading some over at full throttles forums so I can atleast understand the termonology when folks offer tuning advice with it.

I will go back tomorrow and get the TPS to .40 key on.

TPS is at .40 now key off and 4.60 WOT.

I went back out this morning after my long ordeal trying to get the IAC to stabalize on a value and it is back to being pegged at 175. Still the same screw position. It hadn't been touched idled at the same rpm as last night but value on SM was not the same. I drove it to a cruise in today after 30min of running and stopped it was at 56 idle. No adjustments were made and the screw was in the same position. Could the IAC be bad or do they go bad? SM screwing up? Got me scratching my head.

I was also told in a previous repy to look at my BLM at a steady light cruise I did that on the interstate today as well it was 124.

check the IAC to see if it has a plastic connector, if it does its after market and the aftermarket ones have to be adjusted to fall under an inch and 1/8 from the pintle tip to the base.
Adjustment is made by pulling spring back and turning pintle but it must be done right out of the box.

id buy another one and replace then we'll see where your at

mike