SBC Turbo headers on Ebay...

Got my eye on these... :D

Looks like a killer deal if someone is brave enough to give 'em a try.

eBay Motors: SBC T3/T4 Turbo Headers - Camaro, Firebird, SB Chevy (item 150055791401 end time Nov-13-06 11:15:22 PST)

Where are the wastegate ports?
If you are interested in doing a set you may want to ask Dusty Bradford.
He made a single turbo set up from off the shelf shortie style headers, and a custom cross over. They work well enough for 168MPH in a 3500lbs car.

Where are the wastegate ports?
If you are interested in doing a set you may want to ask Dusty Bradford.
He made a single turbo set up from off the shelf shortie style headers, and a custom cross over. They work well enough for 168MPH in a 3500lbs car.

Seems to me the hardest part is the headers...

Those on ebay could easily be made to work on a single or twin setup...

A pair of GN style internal WG turbos would work fine on a setup like that...

Actually I ended up building a set from scratch with parts from SPD. They will be for sale come december. I'll sell the headers alone or include the crossover which is made to fit around manual steering boxes. I'll have pics soon.

Here's one

Attachments

• turboenginefront.JPG
    turboenginefront.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 7,057
Actually I ended up building a set from scratch with parts from SPD. They will be for sale come december. I'll sell the headers alone or include the crossover which is made to fit around manual steering boxes. I'll have pics soon.

Sorry Dusty, I forgot you changed that up.

I agree with mrws6speed, and have heard the horror stories as well-

SSAUTOCHROME = GARBAGE!!!!!!!

Dusty,

I'd like to see more pics of your set-up if I could please. I'm still learning turbo's, but I'm a decent fabricator. So I'm trying to learn more about how to do the headers.

Dusty, I e-mailed you. Let me tell everyone that Dusty Bradford is a first class guy and has been very helpful to me. I would recomend everyone to read all of his post and look at all of his pics. I promise you will learn something. This website rules!!!!!:D

Dusty, I e-mailed you. Let me tell everyone that Dusty Bradford is a first class guy and has been very helpful to me. I would recomend everyone to read all of his post and look at all of his pics. I promise you will learn something. This website rules!!!!!:D

I agree, Dusty is good people!!!

Another

I'll take some more pics as I take the car apart over the next month so everyone can see how I relocated the radiator and other odds and ends to doing a similiar set-up.

Attachments

• turboengine.JPG
    turboengine.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 5,563

dusty,i am really,really interested in the headers and whatever other parts you are getting rid of when you change your combo.i have been wanting to do a turbo sbc for awhile so i am going to start buying up parts for it.please pm me what you are sellling and prices.thanks in advance.

I'll sell it all. Headers, crossover, downpipe, even turbo if someone want's a low 8 second package deal.

The headers and crossover need to be recoated after the crash repair. They can be ran as is but aren't as pretty as they were in the beginning. The crossover comes with a stub pipe so you can weld whichever wastegate flange you prefer on it. I'm keeping my newgen flange.

Headers are 1 5/8 with SPD flanges, 2 1/2 crossover with V-band connections to the collectors. Downpipe 5 inch reducing to 4 inch near the pass side valve cover and is a v-band connection at both turbo and under the firewall for easier removal. It will require the radiator to be moved under the core support which isn't difficult and really cleans up the engine bay and makes a ton more room.

Crossover is built to fit the stock steering box, manual S-10 box or rack and pinion.

Headers, crossover and downpipe for $2000

$3500 with PT98

If somone prefers them to be re-coated I'll work something out.

Headers are 1 5/8 with SPD flanges, 2 1/2 crossover with V-band connections to the collectors. Downpipe 5 inch reducing to 4 inch near the pass side valve cover and is a v-band connection at both turbo and under the firewall for easier removal. It will require the radiator to be moved under the core support which isn't difficult and really cleans up the engine bay and makes a ton more room.

Crossover is built to fit the stock steering box, manual S-10 box or rack and pinion.

Headers, crossover and downpipe for $2000

$3500 with PT98

If somone prefers them to be re-coated I'll work something out.

Want to trade for some stage 2 stuff???

I wanted a reliable 1500hp. The V8 got me that, now I'm shooting for 1800. I hope I don't regret it. I believe it will make the power and still be reliable.