Saw the new GTO Cavalier today

Little6pack

Saw my 1st GTO today on the road in front of me.

From the side the 04 GTO needs help looks like a cav.
Even the azz end looks honda-ish :(

Pontiac better hurry those treatments

Funny you mention this, I pointed one out the other day to my wife. She asked me why I was pointing out a cavalier.:p

I had the opportunity to drive one several weeks ago. Bad A**. Reminded me of my '71 Buick (handled better). Also reminded me of a Camaro SS (late model). A few people around me recognized it, most did not. (mostly women). A blast to drive.

Totally disgusted with the new GTO.....

Rear end needs help. Kinda looks like a Mazda 6 or something....

The seats are cool.

I can't get over the Single exit exhaust.....ewwww, just plain Ricey to me.

Oh yeah and the price is Over rated.

Not got dam grab bar on the pass side either , what a rip off ! ! !

Ok I'm done.:D

I saw one up close at the local auto show. Great drivetrain, nice interior, but the most ignorant and completely uninspiring bodywork on any new car I've seen since....uhhhh.....

I would never entertain the thought of owning one the way they look now.

I don't like how the GTO looks from the factory but you will be able to buy some excellent aftermarket stuff for it...it is a SWEET car otherwise...350 horsepower LS1, RWD, 2 doors, cool looking colored interior and gauges to match the outside color...6-speed manual or 5 speed auto...what more can you guys ask for? you guys always say "wish GM would make something RWD with balls again" now they do and everyone rips on it...i agree it's over priced...but what vehicle isn't these days???

oh yeah...pontiac also put the 4.6L Northstar engine in the new Bonneville GXPs...now that is sweet...275 horsepower family car...haha i love it:D

Originally posted by d0n_3d
I...what more can you guys ask for? you guys always say "wish GM would make something RWD with balls again" now they do and everyone rips on it...i agree it's over priced...but what vehicle isn't these days???

We rip on it because you used to get the whole ball of wax; i.e. power, great looks and affordability.

Now you are offerred an overpriced buffoon that has great power and handles. I'll save my money for the day they, once again, decide to offer the whole ball of wax. :) (Kinda like Ford is doing...Doh!) :p

Wow,doubt anyone would fess up to owning a POS GTO now... you guys a cruel...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Its real easy. You either order a Holden front end, or you order the very nice front from Lumina SS export front from the middle east (like the UAE). The Lumina SS front end is nice because it has a very nice aluminum bowtie instead of the Holden lion. The Holden guys order fronts for their cars all the time. Rears are the same thing.

www.ls1.com.au if you need specific PN#s.

Here are pics of the Middle Eastern cars.
http://www.gmarabia.com/chevrolet_cars/chevrolet_cars.htm

You guys are pretty harsh coming from a "grandma's car"crowd. The only thing a GN had going for it was it was fast and the black paint made it look better. Very boxy, uninspired body, non handling and braking car.

I'll be ordering an 05 GTO :D

gto

Saw one at the local track Sat. for test and tune----14.00--13.99--Automatic. I was disappointed in the overall looks.
I owned a 70 455 4 speed---390 gears --silver with a black vinyl top. Now that was a real GTO!!!!

If GM wanted to make a car like that why did they use a sunfire - cavalier body?Why Not a two door Grand prix or the Monte carlo
and make it rear wheel.Would have been much nicer.

You guys need to have your eyes checked..........it looks like a Mustang. :D I watched one at the track post back to back 13.3s. About an hour later, I saw it pull up to the line and it ripped a 12.43. :eek: Turned on the "gas". :cool:

The new GTO

Altough we won't have them here in Canada, I've seen several pictures of the new GTO, and personnally, I like it. It has a modern-styled, smooth body and is one of the most powerful cars you can buy ( showroom stock ). I think that some of you guys are having hard comments for the GTO because for years, everyone complained that there were no performance vehicles being made, and now that the GTO is here, you still find ways to complain again about the appearance this time...Let's face it : it's true that the older '60's GTO's were beautiful musclecars, but times have changed, and now, it's time for more aerodynamic body styles, with better road handling than the squared body lines and bias-belted tires ...I'm not implying that the older musclecars were bad...in fact they were and still are beautiful, and represent an era in american automotive history, but now, we gotta get used to a more aero-styled performance car...( well...I think...) :)
To sum it all, I like the new GTO...
Claude :)

Ill just have to keep driving my '71 GTO I guess. Oh ,wait, I dont drive it because the parts that WERENT made in 1971 arent working right. That being the Retarded Richmond 6 speed thats in it!