Saturday Late Night Street Drags!!

corsair231 said:
I had some knock and some timing retard at 19psi. I guess the 3gls. of race gas wasn't enough to get me enough octane. I arrived on empty

If you arrived on empty and only put 3-gals. of race gas in you didn't have enough fuel in the tank. When you accelerate the fuel floates away from the pump, therefore starving the fuel system.

K.

Thanks, I didn't consider that. I had always heard that when these cars are "out of gas" there's still about a gallon in the tank plus the way my gague reads the car is never really empty when the hand is on E. I figured that I would have still had about 2 Gallons in the tank plus the 3 I put in would have given me about a quarter tank so I thought I would be alright. If the pump did catch air then I could see where it would be instant lean. Next time I will run with at least a half tank. I think I'll try some type of octane addative next time cause I don't think I can waste $60.00 on 10 gallons of race gas just to make a few passes. Alky is starting to look good.

like Scott said, don't waste your $ on that foolish junk. as for your tank level, you need to run with OVER a 1/2 tank, it's safest to run with 3/4 of a tank. like Keith said all the fuel goes to the rear of the tank & can create an air pocket.