saiga 12 w/ pistol grip

tonys87

anyone here have one? I just saw one for the first time.. they look awesome! looked up a few youtube videos and they look like a lot of fun. anyone have any pros or cons. i believe they are russian made.

I used a friends and unloaded a 12 round drum at his range. It is real fun and easy to shoot. After that I have been searching for one but want to get one already converted vs paying for a stock one and then getting it done later. I bought an AR-15 instead of the Saiga 12 and now I regret it because they seem to have doubled in price post Dec.

what do you mean converted? are talking about the pistol grip?or do they need more modds?

No personal experience with one here, but have held a few and like them. The only thing i've heard about them is they are great, but "russians make guns, not gun parts" so if something happens to one, i've been told there isn't much of a market for parts to fix it.

That being said, I do want one myself, or an Akdal MKA 1919.

The Saiga shotgun is more miss than hit out of the box, perfect for a Turbo Buick owner to spend money on mods.

they make all kinds of parts for them to correct the downfalls of the gun. saiga12.com mdarms.com or just google saiga 12 parts there is a couple other places for parts. I picked up a used one in a trade. back in October you could of bought a brand new in the box one unconverted for $600 today they are $1000-1200 on average . converted means moving the trigger assembly forward and adding the pistol grip. there are other stocks that have a pistol grip without moving the trigger group forward but most look down on that way of being done. use google there is lots of info out there. also videos on youtube how to disassemble or how to convert or anything else. I have learned a ton since October.READ READ READ

So what does a converted saiga go for?? A local gun store has a un converted one for $800

So what does a converted saiga go for?? A local gun store has a un converted one for $800
$800 isn't bad if in decent shape these days. Converted I would say 1300-1500 or more perhaps. Go take a look on gunbroker.com there is a search function where you can check completed auctions but I think you need to join the site in order to check completed auctions. If you look at the completed ones take note of the date because early December things were more reasonable and jan / feb things were real high. Things are somewhat dropping from where they were but nobody is giving these away they are highly coveted by the guys that have them. The Saiga 20-.410 are a bunch less desirable

It's a brand new one. I wonder if its cheaper to buy a stock one and then mod it and converted it, the way you want too

The pistol grip does make it look cooler but for another $600+... The stock Saiga 12 with a couple of AGP 10 round mags will allow you to put a lot of lead down range. Reliable gun that operates just the same as an AK. If you want one $800 for a brand new one is a good deal with how crazy things are now.

Any gun dealers here?? I think I have found the model I want.. It's a saiga SGL-09 it's converted by the remanufacture.. Which is FIME group. They are out here in Las Vegas. They are also the importer, from what I have read.

Inside 50 yards, a Saiga-12 with a 20 round drum rules!
Here's the one I converted dumping 20 rounds. Time it.

Finally found one at a decent price.. This one is still unconverted.. But it's getting converted before delivery.. It's has a few accessories like 20 round drum and front grip with flash light. It will also get a AK47 T6 stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 197
They are still $690 here but out of stock. I am first on the list when they get them in and was told that I will get it for that. This in on a Military Installation through AAFES. Outside the base if you can find one expect to pay 1200 and up!