Sacramento Area - Anyone?

TurboHungry

Just looking for a fellow turbo buick person in the area. Could just be a buick guy cause the GN is my 4th buick I currently own. I keep hitting up car shows around here and have only seen one classic buick at all! Anyway hit me up if you are from around here.

live in Placerville. Mine is none running :D no motor or tranny.
81 sport coupe. hopefiully will be running in a few years once I figure what I want to do with it.

I love the carb draw through setups. I guess since my dad had a few of those I have a place in my heart for em. I have wondered about putting a 350 or 454 tbi setup to replace the carb. For reliability and cold start up tbi is getting used on older classics because you can still use the same fuel pump and it needs very few sensors hooked up to work. Plus they can be found in any pick n pull on the cheap.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

yeah and you can still get them to smog in california with the proper smog stuff. I really like a carb on a turbo though lol so will probably try go that way

I'm an hour from there. I'm up in Penn Valley, closer to Grass Valley and Marysville

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just looking for a fellow turbo buick person in the area. I keep hitting up car shows around here and have only seen one classic buick at all! Anyway hit me up if you are from around here.

Humm, you in NW Ca so post in Pacific NW?
I'm in Fresno, looking at posts for Seattle area to see what the masses are like as wife & I will probably be retireing there soon. U'r right, rarely see any nice old Buicks (lots of Pontiacs, must have sold a bzillin of 'em in the day), & IMO only "nice" ones are the old ones. My '87 GN in Fresno is lonely, but there are a bunch in SoCal; the SW zone includes LA basin & they great group & active with their rides. Have a modified '70 442, '87 GN, & some contemporary hotrods, & wondering if NW (actually Edmonds & Mukelteo area) is car/hotrod friendly. Also concerned about the off-season poor weather (which is quite long). I would have thought Sacto & closer to the Bay Area has a lot of cool cars & activities.