running hot HELP!!!

Are your fans working? How old is the radiator? Mine would run hot, idling in traffic on a hot day. Put in an Fbody radiator and the Ramchargers dual fans and now problem is solved. I'd check your fan first. Obviously check you coolant level.

maybe you have air in the system..... take off the cap [WHEN COOL].... let the car get up to operating temp and watch the fluid move through radiator core when thermostat opens..... [you'll see it rush through] then keep adding coolant/water until its full - put on Radiator cap ---- if you think it is bad or its never been replaced - you might want to change that as well--- it is also a key "player" in your coolant system - as it changes the boiling temp of your coolant. HTH - for even more cooling - Get an F-Body radiator and dual fans - you'll love it :D

I agree with checking to make sure you don't have an air pocket and have enough fluid in the system. You also may want to turn the heat on full blast when you take the cap off and run the car to make sure everything is circulating through the whole system.

I have tryed to change stat,flush radiator.160 & 180 .last thing is to f-body radiator . How much moding is required to put the f-body radiator in.Fan runs all the time. Thanks JoJo

Are you losing coolant or smelling coolant? If you end up replacing the radiator I would look into the heater core too. I had to replace my heater core and within a year I noticed a small leak in radiator, a little puddle of coolant on the floor of my garage about the size of a quarter. When I replace my radiator with a GM replacement one from Gyrhead my temps stablized and no more leaks. Check for white crusty spots on the radiator. Those are the weak spots, I had a row of them going down along the tank on my old radiator right where the wet spot under the bumper was.