running a lt1 MAF

turboTURBO

what do i have to do to run the LT1 MAF? do i need to change anything major and will it help, because im also going to get the translator plus.. when i buy the maf, what else am i going to have to get???

thanks

You may have to get a 3.5" to 3" coupler depending on the intake tube you have. The stock MAF was 3" in diameter, the LT1 is 3.5", I've read that the Lt1 is supposed to be 3" and the LS1 is 3.5", but the LS1 MAF I got is the same size as the MAF on my TA and LT4 motor, which are all 3.5".

thats all i will have to do? nothing to the computer or anything?
what about the wiring connector that plugs into the MAF?

The Translator/Translator+ come with the connectors needed. You just need to decide which MAF you want to run (3" LT1 or 3.5" LS1, or 3.75" LS6).

There are other plug-n-play adapters available that allow you to run the Trans. inside the cabin, and another for the timing wiring, etc.

If you are going with the Trans+ you might also want to consider getting one of the Extender chips while you are at it.

Try reading this thread!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115989&highlight=extender+chip

Below is copied from the www.ramchargers.com site

One of the limitations of the stock computer is that it can only measure 255 grams/sec of air. A stock Turbo car can can just about max the meter and a slightly modified one will for sure. What does that mean to you? Well after the meter hits 255 the computer no longer adds fuel since it can no longer measure more air. We have developed a new computer chip that when used with our Translator or Translator Plus will double the range of the stock computer to 512 grams/sec of air. What this will do for you is give much better drivability with large injectors and give you the ability to tune your cars fuel delivery with the turn of a knob inside the Extender unit. These chips also have many many other advanced features built into them, false knock ignor, MAF dropout eliminator, learned BLM at WOT, extra advance in low gear, faster turbo spoolup, loop control so YOU can select open, closed, or open loop idle operation, shift light and more.