Running a 86 T-Type with this combo against my buddies 06 Z06

bigcap

My buddy knows I'm getting a 86 T-Type with a nice list of mods. I've had several fast cars but never a truly FAAASSTT car. Well I haven't driven the car with all of these mods to her and he is willing to give a few weeks to practice and then wants to race for money at Atco. He's running 11.1's and swears a high ten is around the corner. I think I can give him a run for his money with this line up. What do my fellow Buick brothers think?

TE44c Ball Bearing Turbo
Devils Own Alky Kit
Shift Recalibration Kit
60 LB Injectors
Cut Outs
3200 Stall Converter
LT1 Maf
Gen 2 Maf Trans
Turbo Tweak Alky chip
Rear Sway Bar
New Map Sensor
New TPS Sensor
3 inch Poston Down Pipe
Poston Headers Ceramic Coated
Dutweiler Neck Intercooler
Poly Urathane Body Bushings Kit
Rear Seat Brace Kit
Chrome Molly Fly Wheel
Frame Brace Kit
Hood Brace Kit
Front Connecting Brace Kit
High Performance Walbro Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump Wiring Upgrade
Remote Oiling System Upgrade
Underdrive Pulley set
High Rev Springs
Chrome Molly Push Rods
High Rev Lifters
Gn 110t Cam
Accufab Adjustable Fuel Regulator
Fuel Rail Feed Line
H&R Parts Poly Motor Mounts
H&R Parts Poly Trans Mount
Stock Rear End 8.5 Single TrackNew
New BFG Tires on the Rear
Weld Rims

you will lose but it will be close. i would say your car with the right tune would go mid 11's. you need a bigger turbo 60 series plus and ported heads to run the ragged edge of high 10's. good luck though

you will lose but it will be close. i would say your car with the right tune would go mid 11's. you need a bigger turbo 60 series plus and ported heads to run the ragged edge of high 10's. good luck though

Thanks for the honesty. You don't think she can do a low eleven with this new set up?? I've seen him do 11.3's but I had a feeling a larger turbo is going to be needed somewhere down the road if I want 10's.

He is probably going 124mph, your combo will be around 117 to 118 on a good tune. You need more turbo to keep up with a ZO6.

check these threads on the new billet turbos they appear to be pretty awesome youre te44 may not be up to the task for the number ur tryin to run with it but im a rookie gathering info myself so others can tell you better than i..id also work on the other aspects of the car 60ft launch etc what you lack in sheer power you may able to make up in putting it to the ground..vettes have a hard time hooking up..So make like a rabbit and jump outta the hole on his a$$ !!! Plenty of races have been won by a holeshot... The darkside is very powerful!!! Good Luck!!

Wow I guess I'm going to have to man up and buy a new turbo. Oh well he's going to have to beat me for now because those bad boys cost $$$$$$
I know this setup should be good for a low/mid 11.

I'll be putting my nittos on for the pull not the BFG's.
Now I also know this setup is a hell of alot faster the me being lucky with 12's. Thank you for your encouragement though.

I certainly will. My wife will tape it. It will take place at the end of June or early July. I'll post the video win or lose. I've almost come to the conclusion I'm going to take an L.

I think at best you will go 11.50s. You need to have the boost at least at 25lbs. What brand torque converter is in your car?

If you've never taken a TB down the track, it's going to take you about 8 to 10 runs to start to get the hang of it. If you can get traction, you may get him out of the hole but he's going to come on strong out the back door and run you down. Sounds like good mods for high 11s if you got the right tune and can launch it. Do you know what it run before?

Thats why he's giving me a few weeks to practice. I've taken Turbo Buicks down the track but none with this many mods or as fast. I've also taken my high 11 sec SVT Lightning down the track but I think the Buick should be faster.

I thinks these guys nailed it with the mid/high 11 low 12 guesses. You'd have to beat it pretty hard to get low 11's with that combo and have great conditions. I know it seems like the car has allot of mods but not that many of them are for making power. Bigger turbo, a different intercooler, and maybe some good tires and this race could be pretty interesting.

Edit: On the up side you have enough converter all ready to jump to a bigger turbo!

I would tune it up where u want it and then take the TR to the track to practice on ur own so u know exactly what to expect. There's nothing like preparation. If u r well prepared and do at least 5-10 passes before the actual race, u will get a feel of how this car reacts.

And if it were me, I wouldn't race until I was definite that I could beat him! Even if it meant spending alot of money on a bigger turbo.

But that's me talking.

Just imagine the look on his face when a 20+ year old Buick grocery getter beats a Z06 Corvette. :smile: :D :cool: :) :biggrin:

Headers, Cam, Down Pipe, Full Exhaust, Cut Out, Alky, MAF, CAI, Chip and built up internals. I'm missing more power adders but I'm exhausted.

\

A single pull with BFG street tires? How about bottom 12 if your lucky.

+1. He is going to whip your a$$ if you dont have at least a set of drag radials. Preferably M/T 275/60. You will need to have a starter and be able to leave on boost like 6-7psi. Ballast the trunk if you need to to leave without spinning. If no drag radials forget it. If you ran the 44 really hard on your stock headed car you would be lucky to trap 119-120mph. To run the mph i posted it will take 28-30psi and about 23-24 degrees advance. So forget about 93 octane. Also i dont see any wideband device to get any accurate tuning info from listed in your post. Without that running the way i described will be like Russian Roulette with the engine. Forget about a bigger turbo. If the heads are staying on then you need high boost with C16/Q16 and a good tune. Go for the wideband.