Rr

14mins

I installed a pair of Alpine main amps and a 7 inch flip up Pioneer audio/video reciever and a single 12 inch JBL sub for the moment. I will probably build a box in the next day or 2 and use the JL 12's that i have laying around the house when i can figure out how to build it and make it work in the space i have.. I had to wire to the emergency brake to get the video to work. What is the wire suppose to see so that it will work without the parking brake being applied?

I think the switch is hot until you apply the brake? Is that correct? Does the reciever have to see constant power than ground out to work? How would i bypass it and not have to use a toggle switch? Or is that the best way to do it?

I also seem to be getting a lot of ignition noise, how do i do away with it? Would the noise be from the reciever or the 2 main amps?

I appreciate the help as i am pretty clueless about this stuff, i just had this stuff laying around after pulling it out of my sons SRT4 that he managed to wipe out.( 2ND SRT4 he managed to total in less than 6 months although both were not his fault, but he could have avoided) He did not have room for this stuff in the single cab 1 ton truck i bought him to replace the SRT4, so i traded him front and rear heavy duty brush guard and SUPER SUPER MASSIVE HEAVY DUTY rear bumper along with a 3 inch body lift for the audio out of the wrecked SRT4 ( which i bought also. lol)

Google your raDios model# and the word bypass......some need a toggle switch from gound,hot,or switch between both......I have had to solder on the board before....some you can enter a code to bypass...depends on the. Model.
Engine noise.....turn gains down to amps....move rcas around........try ground them in a differnt spoy......try a wire from chassis of stereo to amp grounding/piont.....sorry for spelling,on my droid phone

Thanks you, i will try those ideas. I have no idea what happened to my original title to this thread, is was not Rr

Garyk- After fighting this for a few hours, i got it figured out. I stopped by a car toys store this afternoon and they told me i needed to install some filters on the amps. Spent 35 bucks for no improvement. Turned down the gains, still the same.

I pulled the radio twice and screwed with the amps a few times.

I am sure every one but me knows, DO NOT USE THE FACTORY RADIO GROUND WIRE.

I changed from the original radio ground wire and regrounded it. Noise gone.

A simple toggle switch solved the video issue, but i get the idiot light on the dash.:eek: