Roller Rockers

6PacktoGo

Moderator / Curmudgeon
I've been working with a company to get complete roller rocker setups built for an affordable price. I have done just that. These will be BOLT ON. They consist of new 8620 steel billet rocker shafts, tufftrided for durability, 7075-T6 Aluminum extruded and hard anodized roller rockers with bronze bushings, and the rockers will be positively located by circlips. It appears that I will be able to get these to the market for with a price of $550 or maybe less. The first sets will be 1.6:1 ratio, there will be options avaiable later. You will not need to cut, grind, beat, or bang on the rockers or the heads. Just remove the stock rockers and shafts, and bolt the new roller rockers and shafts on, then adjust your valves. These will be built for extreme endurance, they share their design and manufacture technique with rockers that run 9000 RPM in 24 hour races.

Originally posted by lazaris
Alan,

Have you looked into ones for GN-1 heads with stud mounting?

No, I haven't had anyone ask for them. And we haven't sold or worked on any. I'm not sure if there is enough demand. Are they similar to something else, like small block Chevy rockers?

Alan,

That's great!! I like to hear about people making strides in performance for our cars. However, the Harland Sharp units sell for less than $400. They are available in 1.55, 1.60, or 1.65. Are there any major/minor differences between the two?

Keith

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Alan,

That's great!! I like to hear about people making strides in performance for our cars. However, the Harland Sharp units sell for less than $400. They are available in 1.55, 1.60, or 1.65. Are there any major/minor differences between the two?

Keith

That's not the price Harland Sharp quoted me, it was more like $475 for just a set of rockers.

I don't think you get all the stuff mentioned above with the Harland Sharp rockers either.

As I said in the first post, these are TRUE BOLT ON rockers, with new solid bilet tufftrided shafts, circlips to locate the rockers, and no machine or grinding work is required. I don't think Harland Sharp is selling theirs that way.

Originally posted by Jon01
That sounds very interesting, what kind of time frame are you looking at for having them available to people?
However, I thought T&D's were around $450 on Weber's website??? Are they for the same application?
What was the stock ratio? 1.5?
http://members.aol.com/bigturbo1/buick1.html

Looks like I'll be getting some in about 30 days, maybe less. The stock ratio is "supposed" to be 1.55:1. These are for the 84-87 3.8 Buick V6, plus whatever else that happens to fit.

People complained to me that T&D rockers were over $600, and needed either the rockers relieved or the rocker shaft stands relieved.

The Harland Sharp's do come with everything needed to "bolt-on" production iron heads. (I have a set on my car.)

Currently Red Armstrong sells them for $390.00 plus shipping. And of course you then also need taller valve covers or the valve cover spacers.

The only problems I have heard of with these rockers is that you might have to clearance the head for the pushrod angle. And that is with the 1.65 ratio.

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
The Harland Sharp's do come with everything needed to "bolt-on" production iron heads. (I have a set on my car.)

Same here. Mine are needle bearing, not bronze bushed like the old style Kenne Bell's. I had to have my mounting bosses cut slightly for clearance but that was it. Nice units and replacement parts will be available for as long as they make them. Who is this supplier and history?

Alan,

I believe they are a chevy style with one exception. They are offset for the intake and exhaust, to provide for the valve relocation that the GN-1's incorporate.

I bought my T&Ds for $385.00, they were the 1.6 ratio. They came with everything I needed. I did have to clearence the rocker stand boss and buy valve cover spacers since i run stock valve covers. I am glad i bought them because adjustment is very easy.
Tom:)