Roller Rocker Ratio Question

Flyin Brian

These roller rockers were in the motor that my car had in it when I bought it 10 years ago. I have been using them for about 4 years since they are in good shape. I think they are T&D Machine but I am not sure of the ratio. The exhausts look like a higher ratio and have .5 hand engraved on them. They have been working fine I was just wondering if anyone knows the actual ratios. I know that stock is 1.55 and you can get 1.6 and 1.65. I have seen other motors with higher ratios on the exhaust than the intake but was this ever done on turbo Buicks and is there any benefit to it??
DSC04856.JPG
DSC04861.JPG

I would measure the lobe lift and valve lift with an indicator to verify the ratio. This way there is no question about what they are. Often they are not exactly as marked and if not marked I would definitely measure them. Thinking will get you burned. I wouldn't want someone thinking they are ok if they were working on something of mine. They could be anything and likely between 1.50 and 1.75.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Ok, I did 2 things. Someone suggested I call T&D so I did. Duh, why did I not think of that. They told me that the intake rocker stamped with an E meant 1.65 ratio and the exhaust rocker stamped with a C meant 1.55 ratio. I used a dial indicator to measure actual valve lift off the spring retainer. This was kind of tricky as the lifter would bleed down slowly at high lift. I either needed a solid roller lifter to test with or to remove the valve spring and put in a super light valve spring just to hold the rocker in place. I did neither as I did not have these items laying around. I just cranked the motor over quickly and watched for the highest reading on the dial gauge. Taking these max lift readings and using the stated lobe lift on my cam card I came up with very close to the 1.55 and 1.65 ratios that I got from the T&D tech guy. Now my cam is a Comp Cams 269HR with an intake duration of 218 and an exhaust duration of 212. It has shows intake lift of .511 and an exhaust lift of .504. The intake lobe lift is .33 and the exhaust lobe lift is .325. These numbers give an assumed rocker arm ratio of 1.55. Right? Now, with my actual rocker arm ratios of 1.55 and 1.65 that gives an intake valve lift of .545 and an exhaust lift of .504. Bear with me here as I am not an engine expert. So assuming that the 1.65 and 1.55 ratios are correct and given my cam information and the rest of my combo as stated in my sig, does this combination of cam and rocker arm ratios make sense or is it a problem? The car has been running decent with these components but I recently blew a head gasket due to a tuning error an my part and I am putting the engine back together myself and taking a closer look at everything. Thanks for your input everyone.

Your math works out. Given your dial indicator measurements, looks like you indeed have 1.65 int and 1.55 exh. Since your cam is already bigger on the intake, if it were me I would get 6 more 1.65's and run all 1.65.