Roll Call for Upcoming Events at Atco/E-Town!

TurboRegal84

Staff member
For all of the attendees of the several local Buick events we have lucked out, and there are 2 in a row!

This upcoming Sunday the 3rd, It is Buick Vs. Mustang at Atco!

The following Sunday the 10th, we have the "rain date" for the Buick Performance Weekend/GN vs Mustang challenge at E-town!

I plan to attend both, and I MIGHT run the 84 at Atco....We will see.

Looking forward to seeing Art run some more 9 sec runs, and seeing board members from the area!

if i ever get my fuel pump that i ordered and get my car straightened out i will be at englishtown.:D

I plan on attending at least one of the two events. Not sure which yet, all depends on my projects here at work. Don't think I'll be running though.

Snow or rain Sunday?

Is Englishtown just bracket racing Mustangs or is there any test and tune going on?

TIA

I'll be there to watch the mustang vs. buick thing. Nov. 10th? too bad i dont have a TR anymore.:(

Herb,

The chain worked out ok. I got lucky and the cam gear was still in good shape so there hasn't been any nylon floating around my motor. I still have a little of a mystery chug or surge that I feel mostly at low/consistent rpm. I know I'm running rich but not sure that would cause it. I plan on tossing the fp gauge on Saturday to see where the pressure is.

See you Sunday weather permitting!

E-Town lots to be the event(Buick vs Mustang) that i'm going to race in(vs Atco this weekend).........To much crap to do this weekend:mad: :mad: . Should be real nice temp. wise for the Buicks at E-town!!:D Anyone know if there are any big-time Buick and Mustang racers going??? Salvage....I checked the E-town web site; http://www.etownraceway.com/ and it looks like they are going to have a braket class for every Buick, along with the BuickvsMustang race.

A couple of us will be going to E-Town on the 10th. I just got the following email from E-Town tonight with race day info...

Just got an email from E-Town...

ATTENTION BUICK ENTHUSIASTS:
The BUICK Performance Sunday racing classes that were rained out are scheduled for November 10th.

The drag racing classes are:
Quick 16 - $3,000+ purse
V-8 Bracket - $100 win, $50 Runner-up
V-6 Bracket- $100 win, $50 Runner-up

Gates open 8am
Time trials begin 9:30am
Eliminations 2pm

Visit Raceway Park's website for other events
http://www.racewaypark.com

It will be fun, and we need the Buicks to represent!!
-Banning.

A couple of us will be going to E-Town on the 10th. I just got the following email from E-Town tonight with race day info...

J i will be there Sunday on the 10th, maybe drop Matt a e-mail, is he going?

Weather is looking good right now for Sunday...:D We need a big turnout of Turbo Buicks!!!

Originally posted by hot6-231
We need a big turnout of Turbo Buicks!!!

Yes... we need a good turnout of Turbo Buick RACERS.

Let's kick some a##! See you all there.
-Banning.

Originally posted by hot6-231
Weather is looking good right now for Sunday...:D We need a big turnout of Turbo Buicks!!!

lets all meet we need a good turnout.

I am with you on that. :)

Cant make it this year, fellas. :( Have to work. By next season, I'll have a new job with weekends off so that I can go racing on the weekends. I'm fed up with not being able to attend Atco & E-town anymore.

Good luck to you guys that make it up there. See if you can get our club guys to meet up with each other. Have fun.

Looks like the weather is gonna be good for Sunday.I'll be there GNless :( and spectating.See you all there.......

Bad news. Looks like my GN won't be making it to E-Town tomorrow. I worked on it today finishing the installation of my gauges and tunning the fuel pressure. Went to get gas and test it out and the starter died after filling it up with "go-go" juice. It's been giving me some problems lately and I've gotten by with the 'ol tap of the hammer. This time the tap of the hammer didn't want to work. Eventually got it cranked up after beating the snot out of the starter as my Dad was turning the key. Brought it home, shut it off, tried to fire it up again....no go.

I'm still plan on heading to E-Town to watch but I was hoping to get my first pass down the strip with the car.

Good luck tomorrow fellas!