roll cage

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
Well I'm am having a new floor pan put in and the car is looking for mid 10 s so I need a cage. Anyone know anything about the summit kit for gbody are they good and legal. And anyone know someone to put in near atlanta

Well I'm am having a new floor pan put in and the car is looking for mid 10 s so I need a cage. Anyone know anything about the summit kit for gbody are they good and legal. And anyone know someone to put in near atlanta

I'm in the same boat, going to need a bar here real soon. From what I read on here, there are mixed reviews on the S&W stuff. I know Art Morrison makes some real nice stuff both in mild and moly, look on page 54-55 of their catalog. Best bet with roll bars and cages is first find the person you want to do it. Most of the time they are going to want to do it with their own material.

The hard part is finding a good welder/fab shop to install it. I have seen some bad installs.

I'm going to do with the summit kit this winter. From what I was told they look to be decent.

On a side note was looking at the nhra/ihra rule book and it says you need a squre flat plate on top and bottom of the floor pan when bolting the roll bar in. Does the 2nd plate under the car apply if you plan to weld the first plate to the floor pans?

The bars have to go thru the floor to frame...
Custom cages fit better and allow it to be tailored to you...
I am very happy with mine, can get in and out of car easily, and still have my 6 speaker concert sound in the car!

Attachments

• full rear interior.jpg
    full rear interior.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 400
I like that you saved the stock seat belts. Is that a line loc switch on the short stalk?