Rockauto Do Not Buy!!!!!!!!!!!

dognut

Hello to all.Rockauto.com refused to accept $50. Worth of bearings that would not fit.I am over there 30 day return time frame.I would call that pretty poor customer service. I suggest to everyone not to buy from them.Went to advance auto parts & got what I needed.Tom

OVER 30 days, as you said.

I have had no problems and super fast shipping as most have.

BTW, this shouldn't be in TECH

If you are over the 30 return frame what have they done wrong?
It sounds like they are playing by the rules.

This is a perfect example of an ignorant customer that shows how the customer is NOT always right.

D

agreed

This is a perfect example of an ignorant customer that shows how the customer is NOT always right.

D

Have had numerous good experiences and 30 day return policy seems to be adequate.... don't know if you will be getting to much sympathy with this one.... its the buyers responsibility to check into these things...ESPECIALLY on internet orders

I have more Rockauto magnets around here than the law should allow. I've never had them screw-up one order.

Long time customer of theirs. Had a couple mix-ups with them but everything was straightened out right away. 30 days should be more than enough time to determine if you got the right parts or not. Sorry.

D

Could not have been said any better...

Order from them weekly and never once had an issue. There's no other place that I know of that can match their selection or prices.

As a side note, I knew within the first four words of your post that you were a moron. People might actually listen to what you have to say if you didn't come off as so uneducated and ignorant.

Same here...

I have had 3 dealings with them, all have been great.

I ordered one part that didnt fit (their listing was incorrect). They went above and beyond my expectations to get it taken care of.

They get a thumbs up from me! :)

D

Yep, couldn't agree more!!!!!

Don't mean to hijack, but I purchased a set of air bags from an Amazon retailer last October. One developed a hole in it last week when I was airing it up (maybe the hole caused it to lose air in the first place). Called Airlift Monday, received a new one for free on Wednesday, along with a Fedex return shipping label. They want to see the old airbag. Now that's good customer service! How far past the 30 day return time are we talking?

D

Another +1 here. Sorry but I see this as your fault not theirs.

Don't mean to hijack, but I purchased a set of air bags from an Amazon retailer last October. One developed a hole in it last week when I was airing it up (maybe the hole caused it to lose air in the first place). Called Airlift Monday, received a new one for free on Wednesday, along with a Fedex return shipping label. They want to see the old airbag. Now that's good customer service! How far past the 30 day return time are we talking?
Big difference here in retunning something to the manufacturer for a warranty type claim vs returning them to the Amazon vendor for a refund. I have had customers on this board get mad at me cause I would not take things back they bought over a year before becuase they changed mind, it was worng, my build changed, nice to see some guys understanding there is a time limit to do certain things
Mike

i am terrible for checking and returning things

project - buy and store, buy and store, buy and store

now that i have everything 6 months later i'll check what i have.
My fault i guess????

IF he asked for XYZ part # or correct OE application not his fault he got the wrong part 30 days or not.

time doesn't erase some ones mistake of sending the wrong part. the screw-up started at the sellers end and thats where it should end.

NOW if he ordered the wrong item and the seller ships the item ordered - 30 days seems fair to me, his mistake not the sellers.

Lets say Customer pays for return shipping, What does a return cost a big company to process??

I can't survive with out repeat customers, i give away so much $$$ in change orders that i could of built 3 cars with- but at the same time i might have lost more customers too.

dam time to open that box of parts i got from Ebay 2 weeks ago.:redface:
Some sellers will hose you 5 minutes after money exchanges and you know it.

OK guys you're not getting the message.The parts did not fit.Even thought I was outside of there 30 window to keep a good customer ( I must have spent a couple of thousand in parts for one car) they could have said send them back. I would have even accepted store credit. Now I will shop elsewhere. There are 2 other web based parts houses that are right there with rock.