rjc girdle

freakazoid

I installed a RJC girdle, but now there is oil leaking through the screws that hold the oil pan. any ideas how to fix it?

Is this a RJC or a Chinese knock off. If it is Jasons give him a call and he will gladly help.:cool:

They say it's a pita to get the pan off after using the right stuff. I have his girdle, crank scraper and over sized pan, not looking forward to the day when I disassemble it. Good luck, thinking he will have you take it apart and use more "right stuff" around the pan studs.

Chuck

if its just leaking around the bolts/studs, perhaps copper washers might slow the leak to "typical Buick". There are also other styles of "sealing washers" available, which might be worth looking into.

Bob

am I assuming right in the installation?. the nut comes first and then the washer is even level with the gasket. or is the washer first and then the nut even with the gasket?

Which ones are leaking exactly? I had leaks from the rear ones below the rear main seal. Either the threaded holes go through into oil or i fouled up the seal install somehow. My fix was to replace the studs with good bolts with large flange heads, and put some of those sealing washers (with the rubber bonded on the back of them) between the bolt and pan, and I put some right stuff on the threads. So far so good. Just make sure to get the surface as clean and free of oil as you can before installing.

The correct order would be block, right stuff, girdle, washer, nut, oil pan gasket, oil pan, nut. If that makes sense