rjc girdle leaks

freakazoid

i have an RJC Girdle with the oil splash. I have replaced the oil pan gasket 2 times, beliving that it was a gasket problem. the second time i even filled the holes were the bolts and nuts are, including i put sealer (right stuff) around the outside washer and the leak continues. is there aother way to stop the leak without having to remove the girdle? (that is my last resort.)

The right stuff has always worked for me. "Grey". I've built my share of mud trucks using bit that stuff, but with lots and lots attention to detail on the surfaces used on. Check your bolts for torque spec, all of them. It is also not uncommon to have an oil pan lean around the seal because the sealing surface is not flat enough. I've took one or two vortec 350 oil pan to the big belt grinder. Only takes a min. If you drop your oil pan, check it for trueness on a machinist table "black granite" is the best if you have access to one. The one on the 5 axis at work cost more than a house. They are FLAT. I use a smaller one probably 24"X36" daily, still over 2k.
Or you could always use your kitchen counter, they alway seem to be very flat. Hope this helps