RJC BOOST CONTROL

Lots of guys here including myself are using it with much success. Works perfect.

It works on my car. You still need to adjust the waste gate actuator a tad. It helped with spool up on my application.

I was hoping this was not a gimic, appreciate the quick response. I bought a used turbo and discovered the hole was bored to 1 inch, the puck does not cover it the 1/8 inch which I guess is required? Thanks again

I was hoping this was not a gimic, appreciate the quick response. I bought a used turbo and discovered the hole was bored to 1 inch, the puck does not cover it the 1/8 inch which I guess is required? Thanks again
The housings are usually between .900-.950", so 1 inch is not a big deal. I have never seen a down pipe with a puck that wouldn't cover a 1" hole. I just opened my housing up to 1.25" and my puck is 1.375". You only need 0.05" of overlap so you need to mark where yours is hitting and see what you get.

My TE44 spooks really good with the Rjc controller and I have a stock D5 convertor

No gimics from the Cramers, his stuff works and great support when you need it.:cool: Lots of fast cars with that simple controller on them:eek:

IF the puck does not adequately cover the wastegate hole I have a RJC Block-off plate with at .75 wastegate hole that might solve that issue.

it's a simple device that does exactly what it say's it'll do....

...but be prepared. Often times faster spool does not automatically equate to faster times. It is fun to blow the tires off though. :D

Earl hit the nail on the head. I installed alky and the RJC boost controller at the same time. Between the two the boost comes in really fast. When I was tweaking the controller and the alky I was heading east but after hitting the faster pedal I ended up heading west. It does make the boost come up very quickly. I have to pedal the car to full throttle and my car is stock minus the alky and boost controller.

I have a question... The rod on my wastegate is cross threaded, and stuck at about 15-16 pounds. Would the RJC controller be able to adjust the boost past that or would I need a new wastegate also?

A manual boost controller can only raise the boost level higher than the wastegate setting. As long as your car doesn't detonate at 15~16, you should be fine. And if you want to increase the boost level the controller will make it easy.

Earl hit the nail on the head. I installed alky and the RJC boost controller at the same time. Between the two the boost comes in really fast. When I was tweaking the controller and the alky I was heading east but after hitting the faster pedal I ended up heading west. It does make the boost come up very quickly. I have to pedal the car to full throttle and my car is stock minus the alky and boost controller.

So now you need a set of Mickys to make the package more complete, lol

Cool. I found out about my wastegate last time I went to the track. I want to be able to raise the boost next time.

Cool. I found out about my wastegate last time I went to the track. I want to be able to raise the boost next time.

As long as you've got the octane to run more boost an external controller should fix you up (and give you faster spool). I sent you a PM.