RIP Jim Dotson

Sad day for the Buick Community, I just talked to him Saturday at Cecil MD.....

Chuck

This is truly sad news. I always enjoyed chatting with "Cheatin' Jim" at the race track. He used to joke with me about having to pay me a dollar so I would talk with him. He will be really missed at BG and Reynolds. Quick 16 just lost it's toughest competitor. RIP my friend

Jim was a great guy.. one of the nicest guys I ever met in this hobby. He will be sorely missed.

We are so very sad to hear this news. Jim was one of my favorite people EVER!!! We had so many laughs, and we will always have so many great memories of times and moments with this great man. RIP friend and always know you will be missed and loved by us. Mike & Lynda Booher

He was a great guy and one of the best racers . Always enjoyed visiting with him at every race . There will be an empty space in the pits :( .

This was a sad end to the day.
I gonna' miss that guy.
I hope he took his "jacket" ... he loved that thing.
God rest and GOD speed Jim.
The Buick community will miss you.:(

Wow...im shocked.....rip Jim...im going to miss our track talks.......we met because he was one of the winning bidders of the methanol test cars.....he even sent me some parts from his test car....we lost a great buick brother...

I just heard the news about Jim .He was one of the people you looked forward to see at the races . Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, Rest In Peace Jim You"ll be missed. Greg,Gary &Tommy Harmon

I got a call today about the news, I heard Jim had a heart attack and passed away in his sleep......He lived near me and our relationship started when I bought parts from him and he was a friend ever since...... Loved having our talks at every event I went to....... Jim you will be sadly missed my friend - RIP!

Very sad news indeed. :(
Jim was a great guy, always fun to be around and a great racer.
I used to talk to him all the time when I was at PTE. Always a pleasure to deal with.
My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.
RIP Jim, we will miss you.

Patrick