RIP Grand National... what next?

syclone1452

My drive to work yesterday ended up like this:

208786_10150529292555858_781960857_18156111_4521603_n.jpg

206584_10150529293475858_781960857_18156131_5034897_n.jpg

Specific location info and such can be found on the LSPBC site
Do you like my new parking space? - Videos and Pictures - Lonestar Performance Buick Club

What I'd like is some ideas on what to do next. Since the car has only 70,000 miles on it, I will probably try to buy the car for the drivetrain. I want to know what are some easy recipient vehicles for the TR drivetrain? How easy/hard is it to stuff this into a 98-02 V6 Firebird?

I know nothing compares to a TR, but I'd like some suggestions for different vehicles that may be able to find a home in my garage. I'm kind of a GM fan, so I was thinking about GTO or G8. The SRT-8 Chargers look good in black. The SRT-6 Crossfire is not-too-girly in black.

Flood me with ideas.

Thanks,

Man, that hurts the soul... Sorry to see it, glad you are okay. Could have been worse in so many ways.

Sorry about your car getting wrecked. Glad you're ok.
I've seen lc2 "s in all gens of f-bodies, caddys, g-bodies, rx7...
Visit the hybrid section here. Lots of good info.

Sent from my Droid

Glad you are ok.

How did that happen?

Never mind....read up on the other site.

Buy it back, If not, buy it back and I'll buy it from you.

Sorry to hear about the car, but glad you made it out okay. If it were me I would look for another TR w/out a motor or at the very least another Regal because if you buy your car back it will make the swap that much easier. Also, in terms of value I can tell you that the LC2 hybrid cars while very cool, they don't hold their value like a TR.

Sorry to hear, i saw the post about your accident last night here on the board when someone else posted about it.

I like my 2008 SRT-8 Charger especially since i have kids. Its great to take on trips, we have been to New Orleans and South Padre Island (from Houston) and its awesome on the highway. Dont expect too much HP from bolt ons and only about 100 rwhp from a blower. The interior (SRT only) is second to none and the front seats are awesome. Its a great car and i get a lot of compliments. I did look at the G8 but it just didnt do it for me. Have you considered the second generation Cadillac CTS-V?

Sorry to hear about your loss and hopefully with the help of the board you can transplant your drivetrain into something else so the heart of your GN will live on...

Good luck!

Attachments

• DSC04130 cropped 23.jpg
    DSC04130 cropped 23.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,193
sorry about that atleast ur ok!!! buy back and rebuild!!!!! everything is repairable!!!!

Also, in terms of value I can tell you that the LC2 hybrid cars while very cool, they don't hold their value like a TR.

I really like hybrids BUT they are just toys.. You can put $10k in a hybrid thats worth $5k when your done :p I like the new Mustangs personally.

Glad you're OK.
If it were me I would do a black Monte SS w/GN emblems then when you're at car shows you could tell everyone that it's a grand national.

If you want drag strip performance with good drivability then you need to stick that LC2 back in a g body roller.

My wife has a '10 Challenger R/T classic, fantastic car for: poker runs, cruise nights, power tour, etc. Adequately powered in stock form, better ride and more roomy/comfy/better looking (IMO) than the competition (borrowed lots of Benz stuff). Too big and heavy for dragstrip terror, IE, it can be done but costs a fortune. Plenty of leftover new 2010's out there with good rebates. 11's are all new interior and much stronger v6 and srt models.

Glad you are ok.

How did that happen?

Never mind....read up on the other site.

Buy it back, If not, buy it back and I'll buy it from you.

Made the offer to ^^^ when his car was totalled.:biggrin: I've got an NA 83 body that you can put it in. Needs a little work and I want the engine and tranny back though:smile:

find a good solid Fox Mustang and put that drivetrain under it.. those boys almost have an aneurism when someon puts a small block Chevy or LS engine in one, i think their heads would explode if someone put a turbo 3.8 in one..
but even if shock value isn't somehting you'd be after- those Fox Stangs are light, so it would be one potent little car..

I would stab it into the SVO and go cause a ruckus at Noble. <-- that alone should give me dibbs. :biggrin:

Looks like the other driver isn't going to fight

Insurance
The other driver's insurance company [State Farm] just called. The guy on my case said he spoke with the other driver, and State Farm said there doesn't appear to be any doubt. They are going to take care of me.

No mention of "fault" or "I'm sorry", but that is to be expected.

Now, we have to wait for an adjuster to show up and look at the car. I sure hope the guy has a clue.

Quick... everyone in the DFW area go to Craigslist and post your low-miles GN for sale for $35,000 :)

Replacement
As for a replacement, I would really like a new Camaro or Challenger, but I doubt the GN will bring that kind of money. I'll only have what the GN brings-in. That is why I was looking at GTO, G8, Crossfire SRT-6.

Wow even the older SRT-8 Chargers are pretty pricey.

Buy-Back
As for buying-back the GN, I'm sure going to try - even if I have to sell it, later. I can't stand the thought of it going to a salvage yard and some clown getting the engine for his Civic :eek:

I like the idea of dropping the drivetrain in a Fox body. I had an '87 V8 Mustang LX... before I grew up and got a Buick ;)

I like the idea of dropping the drivetrain in a Fox body. I had an '87 V8 Mustang LX... before I grew up and got a Buick ;)

I can't do puppy dog eyes over the interwebs...I have a lawnmower ready for the 2.3 turbo swap and the Fox will be ready to swallow an LC2. :biggrin:

Just a thought, but before the adjuster shows up I would get some comparisons of other cars with similar miles in in similar condition that have sold. Check Barret Jackson and other classic car auctions.

You might also try to find someone that could give a certified appraisal of what the car would have been worth before the accident.

I hate the thought of some suit trying to write you a check for 2 grand:mad: