Rims/ Slicks combo

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
This is probably a dumb idea but has anybody tried putting 26x10x15 M/t Drags on 1982-92 15x7 Camaro rims? Is it safe? Our stock rims are the same size and i've heard of people doing that to them. It's just for track purposes, maybe 4 passes at most Per day. Is their anything I need to be aware of? Any comments?
Thanks guys.

slicks

yes, i run this size slick on wheel vintiques rims which are essentially stock chevy camaro/corvette rims. as long as the rims are 8 inches and above you should be OK with this size slick. if your 60foot times get better than 1.7's i'd probably get some rims screws from Jegs or SUMMIT. hope this helps...

rims

well, the wheel vintiques come in different widths, i believe. i wouldn't feel comfortable running a 10 inch wide slick on 7 inch wide rims so u should run the 26x9x15's so your tire won't peel off the rim. remember i said "as long as the rims are 8 inches and above you should be OK with this size slick." however, the camaro rims are 7 so i'd go with the above size slick-ster. later...