Rhode Island Mechanic?

Mammon

I bought my '86 last spring...all stock, no mods, 70K. Very good shape in general, and have only had to replace the alternator with a high-output to handle the alarm and stereo.

Admittedly, I like driving it a lot more than I do working on it. This is really my daily driver, and reliability is just as important as performance - I don't plan on dragging for pinks anytime soon. Does anyone know of a good Grand National mechanic in the RI area? I know of Cotton's in Mass, but they're about two hours away.

Thanks...

Hey Matt -

My restoration interests are a little erratic (like the kid in "Christine") - I'd like to do everything from addressing the suspension and a performance intercooler to getting the AC and windshield wiper motor fixed. It's running pretty well, but I'd be hesitant to drive it outside of my AAA area right now. I'm in Providence...you?

-Nick

Nick,
15 minutes away in North Smithfield :cool:

I would be willing to help you out with some mods, email me or PM.

Matt

I bought my '86 last spring...all stock, no mods, 70K. Very good shape in general, and have only had to replace the alternator with a high-output to handle the alarm and stereo.

Admittedly, I like driving it a lot more than I do working on it. This is really my daily driver, and reliability is just as important as performance - I don't plan on dragging for pinks anytime soon. Does anyone know of a good Grand National mechanic in the RI area? I know of Cotton's in Mass, but they're about two hours away.

Thanks...
Try Russ Merritt,I believe he is taking on work again.
His name is his screen name,do a search.
He is in Carver Mass,not to far north.

Try Russ Merritt,I believe he is taking on work again.
His name is his screen name,do a search.
He is in Carver Mass,not to far north.

Negative! Thanks for the props Otto but I'm just doing trans bench work and heads for the immidiate future.