Results since new parts installed

2QWIK4U

I've been chasing a low O2 problem. Installed new Accufab adjustable fpr today replacing a 15 yr old ATR unit. It brought O2 numbers up from around 600 at idle to 777-789. AF 04,INT 128,BL 137,TPS .44, IAC 25, Turbo Tweak chip,new Racetronix pump month ago.
FP set at 44-46 but it will not go lower than that no matter how far I turn it until the car starts acting like it wants to choke down. FP isn't steady at idle,the gauge bounces around,plenty of vacuum on the fpr hose. When I attach the hose pressure only drops about 1-2 lbs.
When I turn car off the gauge instantly drops to 25 lbs and after about 30 mins is 0.
I added wot fuel overall,about 10%,and at WOT O2s were 667 with 0 kr on 15 lbs of boost.
Do I have leaking injectors?
Also I recently upgraded to 140 amp alternator and made sure hot wire to pump was good.
Any help is appreciated because I'm getting frustrated.

you got the wrong brand FPR...Accufab sucks.

They're decent regulators.. just sometimes they have small machined particles that haven't been cleaned out , it happens on ALOT of today's parts

You can open the regulator and check it .. simple check

The old fpr wouldn't hold vacuum. I couldn't get close to the correct O2 readings.
Since changing the fpr those things are alot better and fuel pressure rises with boost. I'm thinking the reason the fuel pressure is dropping after shut down is the new fpr is now keeping pressure on a leaking injector.

They're decent regulators.. just sometimes they have small machined particles that haven't been cleaned out , it happens on ALOT of today's parts

You can open the regulator and check it .. simple check
EXACTLY what happened to mine. Purchased about 2 mo's ago. Took it apart, cleaned the shyt out, works fine.

EXACTLY what happened to mine. Purchased about 2 mo's ago. Took it apart, cleaned the shyt out, works fine.

Chuck .. its a lot more common than people think ...

I use them all the time .. I spend about 30 minutes and go through them and make a few small mods to them .. then they are BULLET PROOF !

It seems now days if you want to eliminate all doubt of anything you install .. you have to look at everything BEFORE you just THROW it on !

It is what it is :)

Do you still have the stock fuel lines in the car? Higher volume pumps like the Racetronix 340 usually over power the return line and bury the fpr and cause erratic gauge readings..

They're still stock lines. How hard is it to change them and who offers a bigger return line?

Not yet. I'm guessing I could take it loose from fuel rail and blow air thru it?

you need to check the entire line front to back first for obvious kinks .. you can also take out the restrictions in the ends of the return line .. I typically do this when putting in the fuel pumps ..

yes you can remove the front line and blow air throw the back to make sure something isn't obstructing it .. I've installed many a 340 LPH pumps and have not had the return line be an issue on any .. if you cant get the FPR down .. you have a restriction in the return SYSTEM .. the FPR is part of this system

people often blame the return line ... when in fact it has NOTHING to do with the line itself

Is the return line issue or fpr gonna cause low O2 readings at WOT?
Pressure seems normal at WOT

I was watching traffic and trying to look at boost ,fp and scanmaster. I saw a steady 60 psi at 15 lbs. FP at idle was bouncing around 44-46

I was watching traffic and trying to look at boost ,fp and scanmaster. I saw a steady 60 psi at 15 lbs. FP at idle was bouncing around 44-46

I think your good with FP .. O2 going lean at WOT something else is going on .. Are you sure the O2 itself is good ? what O2 is it .. AC DELCO ?
Hopefully not a Bosch

What do the plugs tell you ?

Should've mentioned I installed new DENSO O2. Haven't pulled plugs to check, less than 500 miles on NGKs gapped at .32

Should've mentioned I installed new DENSO O2. Haven't pulled plugs to check, less than 500 miles on NGKs gapped at .32

I would start with the plugs .. take a look at them .. that will tell you a lot ..
I would also put a wideband on it if you have access to one ..
It could be your new O2 is flaky ...