Requested "special" pictures of my 1,200 mile TTA - Enjoy!

Could you scan that article for us all? Thanks!

Jason

Found the magazine in question, Hot Rod November 1988 Page 90-

Attached is the photo of the engine bay, you can see the coil pack sticker clearly.

Will upload the complete article and post a link in a couple of min.

Attachments

• EngineBay.jpg
    EngineBay.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 132
Hot Rod November 1988

http://www.tta1078.com/download/HotRod_Nov1988_1of3.pdf
http://www.tta1078.com/download/HotRod_Nov1988_2of3.pdf
http://www.tta1078.com/download/HotRod_Nov1988_3of3.pdf

All 3 pages in PDF format, let me know if there's any issues viewing or downloading them. Had to use my camera for this as my scanner is not hooked up at the moment but you should be able to print and read the article I hope.

Check out the intercooler scoop, also check out the sticker/decal in front of the radiator shroud .... PilotCar I take it. This is probabrly one of the 1G2 cars later changed to 1G5 when PAS Inc bought all 5 pilots from GM (only windscreen steel VIN plate swapped all VIN stickers still say 1G2 on these cars)

Check e-bay auction 170066689780 or 160052249595 for the Nov 1988 issue or the full year auction 220065291455 probabrly more on there ....

The original owner of my car says he will send me the original coil pack. I doubt I'll ever try to repair it, but I'd like to have it nonetheless. Apparently it went bad at around 300 miles/4yrs. He says he doesn't remember any stickers on the original, so we'll see.

It is odd that a guy this anal about a car would have allowed an '87 piece to be put on the car. But swapping it did encourage him to take the original plugs and wires out/off and run the standard GM ones while keeping the originals in boxes.

Mike M

Good stuff Mike! I would not worry about that original one. Just peel those stickers off the one on the car now. Put the oem one away when you get it. After seeing those a$$ clowns talk about that GN that sold on Barret Jackson the other night I could not even see one of our cars going thru their auction. They would not have a clue! I got lucky with my wires as well. The original owner pulled the wires and plugs at the cars first oil change. He also have me a jar with the original oil in it from the first oil change! :eek: But he pulled the original plugs and wires and saved them for me. Nice when someone is that anal. I should send the oil out to have it anylised :D The sticker that is on the coil pack in that article is on there because I'm sure being it was a Pilot car they might have taken parts right off the GN line. The coil packs that wound up on the TTA's were overstock and extra inventory that were on the racks at GM. Knowning the failure rate they can have they might have even only date checked the ones on the GN's because they were having issues with them from the factory. There is only 4 different companys out there making these coil packs now! :eek:

Boy Jim,
I sure hope that's oil in that jar, and not something else.:eek:
I always keep my plugs from my cars, to compare them to the next change.
I number them, and put them away with dates.
I have pulled off my original spark plug wires, and put on the AC-Delco replacements without the "20th Trans Am" writing on them, and kept them, as they were still good. I have a couple of NOS sets as well.
Somewhere, I even have the original battery I pulled out when it went bad.
But no jar of any yellowish liquids.;)

George:cool:

I take a little swig from that jar when I'm getting tired of working on the cars. Keeps me going! :D George I'm suprised you dont have the first tank of gas saved from your car! :eek: :D I met a guy who bought a GN new and he blew away everyone I ever knew. He had ALL the original fluids from their first change, original eagle tires, even drained the washer fluid and put it in a bottle! He also would fill his GN with gas using a credit card. So he has every gas slip for the first year he owned the car including the recipt from the dealer from the first tank of gas they gave him! He might even have the original air from the first set of tires! :)