Representin for Rice

Fireplug

...It's Slow...
Sup guys, just saw this board when I was surfing around the net. I was wondering if anyone is from the Midwest? I'd like to run some GN's and the only one that tried to run me let off the gas when I was pulling past...then he wouldn't run me from a light. Just curious of your mods and your 1/4 times.

My Ride

It's a 4-banger turbo. Runs 13.0 (bad 60') with simple bolt-on mods like 3" exhaust, clutch, intake, and intercooler. Next summer it'll be considerably faster, just wanted to know if anyone's from around here and wanted to run some rice for summer? :D

If you were closer I would run ya in my GMC Jimmy,Leave it in 4x4 and leave you blocks behind..I will save the gas in the Turbo T intill you do some research....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by BandAid≈
If you were closer I would run ya in my GMC Jimmy,Leave it in 4x4 and leave you blocks behind..I will save the gas in the Turbo T intill you do some research....:eek: :eek: :eek:

That'd be a good warm-up for me. I'd heat up the tires and let you get about 4-5 carlengths before I stepped into it. You must have an extremely fast Jimmy, I assume it's also able to beat C5 Vettes and WS6's also?:rolleyes: I'm not too concerned with the Jimmy. It's cool though...

Originally posted by Fireplug
That'd be a good warm-up for me. I'd heat up the tires and let you get about 4-5 carlengths before I stepped into it. You must have an extremely fast Jimmy, I assume it's also able to beat C5 Vettes and WS6's also?:rolleyes: I'm not too concerned with the Jimmy. It's cool though...
i just hope for your sake that its not a modded typhoon. nice car by the way and awsome motor on the stand.

I'd run'ya in my grandpa car. Of course it's de-tuned for street use so it'll only do very low 12's as it sits in daily driver mode.

That's the beauty of a Turbo Regal...it's hard to tell an 11 second ride from a 13 second one.

I wouldn't call your car "rice"......

Although personally, I'd prefer 240 with a trunk (coupe?). Your car looks pretty nice to me. I was actually looking for a 240 a while back, and planned to do an SR-20 swap. :)

I've got a Beretta that would be more than happy to show you its taillights.......but you are a little too far away! Enough talking smack though, that car looks nice and clean. As long as you don't have a big fart pipe on it, I wouldn't insult it by calling it "RICE" - your car is missing the aluminum 747 wing and all of the horsepower-adding Nawwzzzz stickers! :D

Originally posted by jerrad
i just hope for your sake that its not a modded typhoon. nice car by the way and awsome motor on the stand.

Thanks, I'm putting that motor in the car by next month. With the supporting mods that I have the car should be putting down 500+rwhp on a Mustang Dyno no problem. And with that combo that's good for 10's in the 1/4th (on paper at least). The only real problem I have right now is fitting tires in the rear. I'm already having trouble fitting 255/50/16's in the back. So I bought 50mm over fenders so I could fit a 295 or 310-15 in the rear.

Enough talking smack though, that car looks nice and clean. As long as you don't have a big fart pipe on it

Actually it does have a big fart pipe on the back. (4 1/2" tip). Really, that's the only kind of exhaust I can run. What am I supposed to do, put a single straight pipe right out the back? I think it'd look goofy putting a 3" single straight pipe right out the back of it. I can't run a dual exhaust for obvious reasons :). So that's the only real alternative. It doesn't bother me though, I like it b/c it attracts extra attention and almost every domestic owner thinks it's your average ricer-Honda owner with a fart pipe...until I leave 'em behind. :D

Originally posted by BandAid≈
:) :) On paper:) :)

At least that shows you are NOT a dumb ricer ,but still a Ricer..:p :p :p :rolleyes:

Nice car, I was,at one point, going to do a SR swap in a 240... WAAY too much money to hit 12's .

Your car is way too light and way too much power to realistically see 10's.

There IS a drag 240 from some shop, I forget, down in FL that runs 10's w/ some 30/40 hybrid turbo... but thats a full drag car.

I imagine from a roll you'd smoke most people, but from a dig youd be toast.

Your only as fast as the traction you got.

Props on the car, and the engine, looks like you know what you are doing.

Originally posted by marleyskater420
Nice car, I was,at one point, going to do a SR swap in a 240... WAAY too much money to hit 12's .

Your car is way too light and way too much power to realistically see 10's.

There IS a drag 240 from some shop, I forget, down in FL that runs 10's w/ some 30/40 hybrid turbo... but thats a full drag car.

I imagine from a roll you'd smoke most people, but from a dig youd be toast.

Your only as fast as the traction you got.

Props on the car, and the engine, looks like you know what you are doing.

Thanks for the props, but actually it's been relatively cheap for me. I bought the motor/tranny with basically everything I needed for 500.00. The kid before me thought he cracked the block, instead he just cracked the headgasket and everything checked out ok. So I bought a 3400.00 240sx and put a 500.00 motor in it with some supporting bolt-ons. I can't say it's a 12 second car b/c it's best run at the track was a 13.0...but it beat 12.8 and 12.7 LT1's in my area on the street.
You're probably talking about Enjuku Racing's 240sx. I've been in contact with them many times and know their whole setup. My 240 is also a drag car, but it's a daily driven drag car. I basically have their setup on my car, but everything has been stepped up 1 notch from theirs. For example, they have a weaker setup than mine. I have a better suspension setup and a stronger motor (built bottom end and top end). My car will be sporting some MT ET streets (26x10.5) much like theirs...So I'm sure traction will be evident. I've done my research and know what the car is capable of. I didn't just slap some turbo on the car and hope things will work. I don't feel like the light weight is a disadvantage for me, traction isn't all about weight. If that was the case then funny cars would "only be good from a roll" It's all about weight transfer, transmission, differential, and suspension setup. I have my suspension tweaked and it's ready to go. I'll keep you guys updated on progress/dyno #'s/Track times...

At least that shows you are NOT a dumb ricer ,but still a Ricer..
Ricer or not...there's gonna be a ton of people seeing this ricer's tail lights :D :p :p :p

I like the look of the 240s.

With that said, I'll probably be in Nebraska in a couple months helping a friend out (who owns a TTA) on business. I'd be glad to make a few friendly runs. My car is one of the slower hotair GNs but that's ok.

Actually it does have a big fart pipe on the back. (4 1/2" tip). Really, that's the only kind of exhaust I can run. What am I supposed to do, put a single straight pipe right out the back? I think it'd look goofy putting a 3" single straight pipe right out the back of it. I can't run a dual exhaust for obvious reasons :). So that's the only real alternative. It doesn't bother me though, I like it b/c it attracts extra attention and almost every domestic owner thinks it's your average ricer-Honda owner with a fart pipe...until I leave 'em behind. :D

go to buickgn.com and get an electric exhaust cutout, then put the stock exhaust back in. Speak softly, but carry a big stick. Far as it goes, a lot of people want that kinda stuff for their cars, so it's what the aftermarket produces sometimes for worse rather then better. At least it's probably got something bigger then a 1.5 inch inlet pipe feeding it.

Originally posted by Drac0nic
go to buickgn.com and get an electric exhaust cutout, then put the stock exhaust back in. Speak softly, but carry a big stick. Far as it goes, a lot of people want that kinda stuff for their cars, so it's what the aftermarket produces sometimes for worse rather then better. At least it's probably got something bigger then a 1.5 inch inlet pipe feeding it.

I thought about doing that but I've been reading that guys are having problems with their cut-outs leaking and sometimes staying open? Is this a common occurrence with cutouts?

I like the look of the 240s.

With that said, I'll probably be in Nebraska in a couple months helping a friend out (who owns a TTA) on business. I'd be glad to make a few friendly runs. My car is one of the slower hotair GNs but that's ok.

Yeah, you should shoot me a PM or email when you get here. I'm not sure if the car is going to be back off the jackstands by then but we'll see? I'm trying to get a few parts that are left on the list to come in...I'm still waiting on an intake cam that I ordered nearly a year ago.

I live in Omaha and have a 1987 GN. From the looks of the picture of car you attend the Flashbacks car show? I get there every once and a while, but with a family and job that take a lot of my time it's hard find time. I haven't raced the car at Scribner since 1997, at that time it ran in the 11's with a TA49 turbo, 3" downpipe, bluetop injectors and a modified stock intercooler, the rest of the engine is bone stock. I've done a few more bolt on upgrades and computer chip tuning in the last few years. Back in October of 2002 I dynoed the car on EJ's chassis dyno at just shy of 450 horsepower and 520 lb/ft of torque. The engine internals are still stock, just bolt on parts and tuning and a little more boost.

Now that I know what your car looks like, maybe we'll meet up on the street some night.

Sup guys, just saw this board when I was surfing around the net. I was wondering if anyone is from the Midwest? I'd like to run some GN's and the only one that tried to run me let off the gas when I was pulling past...then he wouldn't run me from a light. Just curious of your mods and your 1/4 times.

My Ride

It's a 4-banger turbo. Runs 13.0 (bad 60') with simple bolt-on mods like 3" exhaust, clutch, intake, and intercooler. Next summer it'll be considerably faster, just wanted to know if anyone's from around here and wanted to run some rice for summer? :D

Sounds good. I haven't seen many GN's around here...maybe one or two. Yeah my car was at flashback's last summer, that's when it only had bolt-ons and ran a 13.0. I'll be back up there this summer too. If you see me come by and let me know who you are, I wanna see your car. Then maybe afterwards we can line them up.

Howdy. I'm James friend from Des Moines. There are plenty of TR's around the area that would love to play.

nice car guy!, as some one else stated, it looks like you know what your doing. Most of us on here are not only buick enthusiast but car enthusiasts as well, and can appreciate a nice car no matter what it is, as long as its modded tastfully.

Joshua