Remote Start?

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
any info on remote start install/modules? Am I in wrong area?
Conrad

I'd like to see Garyk1970's input on this topic. I was planning on doing a junkyard GM keyless entry swap on my T type, but Gary made a valid point about aftermarket ones probably being better with more features. I'd like to remote start my car even in the summer, because I have a tendency to back out of the driveway and lay into it, and that's not good on a cold engine. It's not like these cars have any modern electronic anti theft that needs to be defeated, so remote start is about as straightforward as it gets. I'm brainstorming ideas for tying anti theft into it, like using a relay setup so that it MUST be remote started first for it to crank, and having a back up button that has to be pressed if you don't remote start it. The reason I say that is because remote start isn't going to work with a lot of the anti theft sequences out there.

I just installed a Viper unit in my hybrid and Denali. The newer remote start/alarms have a load more features and what not then the original in the TB and early GM's. I have the 2 way communicating FOB, remote start, door lock/unlock, hatch/trunk release, rear defog activation from the fob, turbo timer, delayed exit dome light. The domes go on when unarming, and a few others.

I just installed a Viper unit in my hybrid and Denali. The newer remote start/alarms have a load more features and what not then the original in the TB and early GM's. I have the 2 way communicating FOB, remote start, door lock/unlock, hatch/trunk release, rear defog activation from the fob, turbo timer, delayed exit dome light. The domes go on when unarming, and a few others.
What model #viper?

I have a Viper 2 way Remote start I would be willing to sale if interested. Viper 4704

Just installed a remote start and I have one issue. I can't find the yellow wire that is suppose to be the starter wire according to my wiring diagram so I used the purple wire.
The problem I have is that by using this wire the car will start in any gear.
I need to find the correct wire and I think it has to be on the switch side of the neutral safety switch.

Any help would be appreciated

I pay the yearly fee... definitely under $100 for my remote start viper app on my smart phone. It does all of the basics, but also allows you to set a schedule to automatically start it "X" minutes before you have to leave the house. And with some of our cars that go missing, it also allows me to set up a perimeter and if the vehicle moves out of said perimeter, my phone will start alarming me. Along with that, it offers GPS locating in the instance that someone tries to "borrow" the car.

The app is called Viper SmartStart. I had 2 options... the name "viper" on the alarm or the same exact unit built by that company for $100 less. Came with the same warranty, so I went with it. Only ran me about $200 or so? This is what I have on 2 of my current vehicles. The GN will be shipped up here in about a week and I plan on having it installed on that vehicle as well.

Anywho, here is the app on my phone

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg