Regrinds?

Got an email back from both Shneider racing Cams and Web Cams. Schneider said they only will hard weld/regring the billet steel stuff and does many for Mike at TA perf..while Web said they would need to do some sort of test to see if the chilled cast iron, in my particular flat tappet cam, passes.Web said not all of the iron products are equal. They also said they are waiting on blanks ...like everyone else. Hope this helps someone.

I got a flat tappet 212/212 from comp 6 months ago. If you want something in stock i felt like i pretty much had to go roller and spend big $$$$$.

blank only took 2 weeks to come in and then i had to wait 1.5 months because Jegs lost it at their warehouse. but they made it right so who am i to judge.

I got a flat tappet 212/212 from comp 6 months ago. If you want something in stock i felt like i pretty much had to go roller and spend big $$$$$.

blank only took 2 weeks to come in and then i had to wait 1.5 months because Jegs lost it at their warehouse. but they made it right so who am i to judge
Interesting,,thanks for that info.

I have been doing business with Delta Cam in Olympia, WA.

I just had them do a stock cam re-grind. They are quick and reasonable. They can also re-parkerize the lobes after grinding. If you have the cam card for your cam that will help them.

When regrinding a cam, you usually cant change the duration by more than 4 degrees, nor the lobe separation angle by more than two or three degrees. The hardening isn't usually deep enough to go any more.
Also, I only use Comp Cams for my engines, as they have the most lobe profiles available, and along with Bullet, seem to be the most precision companies, with the most choices of ramp rates available.
That statement comes from owning a cam analyzer for about 25 years. It measures to .1 degree and .0001 lift.
I can measure any duration at any lift, graph the lift curve, measure the area under the curve, and overlay the graphs.
SOME of the smaller companies still grind from masters, rather than CNC machines, and they tend to have less aggressive, older design lobes, that will make less power due to less "area under the curve."
Look at the duration at .050, and again at .200. A longer duration at .200, for the same .050 has more top end, and a wider power band, but still comes on the cam at the same RPM.
Ask if your company can furnish a lift/duration chart listing the: SAE duration (.006").050 and .200 durations before you buy.
Comp Cams has a lobe catalogue, if you are at all serious about making power, get one.
A FEW companies will give you the info, others won't, published, or not.
If they don't have it, or won't provide it, I don't buy from them.
I have analyzed nearly every cam that has been provided me to put in customers engines since I bought the analyzer. What an eye opener! A LOT of cams aren't what they are advertised!
The difference in price isn't worth the difference in performance to ME!
TIMINATOR