Red87GN's Maiden Voyage!!!!!

Red87GN

Well I finally took the plunge today. I ttok my car out for the first time!!!!:D Man what a rush!!!! Have I mentioned bofoer how much fun these cars can be!!!! I bought this unfinished car last May and have been busy since then getting it put together. It sure feels fast.
I kinda took it easy today because the Turbo 400 I'm running still is auto valve body. I do have a check valve in the vacuum line though. It's pretty loud straight thru the DP. Scanmaster showed some slight KR(2-3 deg's) 02 was about high 700's to low 800's, but I didn't run it all the way out. I plan on going to manual valve body(CK Performance) soon.

I just hd to tell someone about this, because if you guys just could have seen the smile on my face.;) :D :) :cool: .

John

Oh yeah I forgot!!!

Forgot to mention, There's an 03' Cobra lurking a round town, when I get mine lined out I'm gonna have to try him.
John

No but I need to get some!

My car needs paint pretty bad. It's still a work in progress right now. John

Yup!

I can picture the smile on your face:eek: :D .....Mine was something like this only a few minutes ago:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

I just got through tuning the car a little before heading to the track tomorrow. Sooooo, I know what ya mean ;)

Happy your getting it together and it's always a thrill after putting all that hard work in to it. Kill that cobra! :)

Ray

Sweeeeet....It's a great feelin.

If you don't ming me askin where did you get the car?? I knew someone with a red GN back in the day wondering if it might be the same one.

Just wanted to mention about the cobra. Be prepared, and i mean everything, all the tricks in the book or dont bother. They are fast

Did Kip Asplund ever work on it?? or do you know?? I'm from southern IN and I saw a red one there a couple of years ago, tubbed...If that was it nice car man I liked it.

Will the Snow ever stop????

No Champagne this time.

I bought the car from a friend of mine, that lives in Springfield, MO. He had intentions of parting it out. I'm not exactly sure where he went to get it. He told me the car originall came from out west I believe. I may do Carfax on it sometime just to see. Supposedly at one time the car was pretty famous out west. It had all fiberglass bumpers and a fiberglass hood on it. Steve(the guy I bought it from said it weighs around 3100 lbs, but I haven't verified that. If it does it should be fast.

Today I worked on it, put the grille in it and a tranny cooler. Been having trouble with the idle though. Tried adjusting idle with screw at TB, but since read that the computer changes the idle with the IAC motor. Gotta do some more research on it.

My car isn't tubbed( I wish it was) so must be different car. I'll try to find out where it came from.

If it ever warms up I'm put some race gas in it and turn up the boost. I need to get some sort of exhaust put on it soon.

John:D :D ;) :D :D

Nope not the same car...This one had some serious meat on the back...Come to think of it I think it was a clone anyway.

Good luck with it.