Recommendations for a GN motor builder in the PA/NJ/DE/MD area

quickturbo

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good machine shop in the PA/NJ/MD/DE area. I live in southeast PA and want to get my 87 GN motor rebuilt. I know of some local machine shops but I don't think they have much history with the Buick GN motors.
Thanks
Alan

SE Pa? Talk to Jim Dunn in Secane, Pa.

Buick Turbo Performance. Internet or Facebook

Or just search his name on here. Straight up, honest, fair, overly anal with perfection on these cars

MAR automotive in Philly if you need a good machine shop.
215-288-7373 ask for Jeff.
Quick turnaround and quality work!
If you need someone to do all the work call Jim Dunn. See above.

York PA Pennsylvania Truck Centers, INC Mack Volvo Mitsubishi Isuzu GMC authorized machine shop, 717.792.2636 ask for Rick Riddle machine shop manager. I told him about my project and he was eager to buy a torque plate and set-up my motor. Line honed the crank bearings, set up the RJC Girdle, bored/honed out the cylinders, set the ring gap, converted the connecting rods to floaters, balanced the rotating assembly, checked the thrust, etc. Anyway it's been a few years now and all is well with the motor.

Chuck

Thanks for all the feedback. Hopefully in afew weeks I will be pulling the motor out. I'm going to make some calls to the above shops.

Thanks for all the feedback. Hopefully in afew weeks I will be pulling the motor out. I'm going to make some calls to the above shops.

Plenty of great engine builders right here. Nick Micale, DLS, RPE, Chris Hogelend, Weber.... These people are top shelf, first class engine builders with years,years and years of experience. Whether it's a mild build,or an all out track car, or something in between. You couldn't go anywhere in the world and get a better product. I live in Philadelphia, PA and I had Nick Micale build my motor. Do some research first.

Nick Michael or Chris Homeland. Both top notch.called cottonseed a few years ago was told they did not have time for me.not a friendly lot in my opinion.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nick Michael or Chris Homeland. Both top notch.called cottonseed a few years ago was told they did not have time for me.not a friendly lot in my opinion.

Cottons isn't a machine shop, they will assemble an engine for you but they don't have the ability to do the machining. Maybe that's why he said he didn't have the time for you.

Plus you have to get to know the TEDDY BEAR [Jack], you might have caught him on a day he was coming out of hibernation.

That's Nick Micale and Chris Hogeland! You have to get rid of that auto correct..... It's all good, though.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good machine shop in the PA/NJ/MD/DE area. I live in southeast PA and want to get my 87 GN motor rebuilt. I know of some local machine shops but I don't think they have much history with the Buick GN motors.
Thanks
Alan
My company is located in Long Island, NY, a little further than the areas you are asking about. If you cannot find anyone close, give me a call.

I have done a lot of business with Jack Cotton over the years and found him to be VERY friendly and helpful! Yes, he is busy but he WILL find time for you. I suggest you call him mid morning for best results. Tell him I referred you. Conrad

I know this is even further out from where your asking, but there's also
Turbo Lou in sunny California. I'm happy:)