Received my PTE stock location IC

tracy

UPS delivered my new intercooler today. I know there are some people considering one so thought share a first impression.

Very nice quality and attention to detail. Very thorough instructions as well.

Really happy with my decision to stay with a stock location unit. Should compliment the GT3225 nicely.

For a street car it's the best thing going IMO.

I got mine installed yesterday.... It was an early B-day/X-mas gift from my dad... Make sure you have all of the instructions!!!! PTE sent my dad the IC without all of the instructions (a diagram was left out I believe) and they also sent the wrong size hoses and clamps.... They ended up next day shipping the correct size hoses/clamps and they faxed the rest of the instructions (namely the diagram) so I really can't complain.... From seeing the IC and the shroud I must say I was also very impressed with the quality! My dad said there were a few issues with getting it to fit, but nothing a little grinding/tweaking couldn't take care of... This weekend I'll be able to take her for a drive and see how she feels... Now all I gotta do is get that TH 3" DP installed and get a set of the new M/T 275/50/15 DRs:cool:

Damn you scuba steve, your driver is going to be much faster than mine.:D

Originally posted by John Wilde
Damn you scuba steve, your driver is going to be much faster than mine.:D

LOL John! All I really want out of my Brick is a low 12 (but if it ran a high 11 I wouldn't mind)... It has a TA-49, 2.5" hooker exhaust, 009's, single 340 Walbro hotwired, so I figured with these couple of mods (IC and DP) it should run pretty well:)

I really like mine. At first it seemed very close to the intercooler fan, but it was fine all summer. Watch that boost spike the first time you get on it after the install. I knew that there was going to be a drop in back pressure, and I was running about 22# boost before install, so I cranked the wastegate rod out about 6 turns, but when I went out after the PTE install the boost still shot up to about 24#. I had to go home and crank the rod out some more. Amazing how much less the turbo had to work.