rebuild or buy built?

AlaskaGN

I was wondering what some of your opinions would be if it is cheaper to rebuild my stock 200 to say handle say 550 HP and beet on it or buy and built one from one of our vendors? Nothing wrong with mine yet I just would like to deal with the issue of it while its out on the bench. Thanks for the help.

Are you planning on doing the work yourself or have a local shop do it? If you get CK's book he has all the info in it so you can do it yourself but you'll need to buy the hard prts yourself. If you buy one built then you'll need to deal with shipping, which I'm sure won't be cheap to Alaska.

i dont trust anyone but someone who specializes in them except an old man who built 1 in his backyard for me lasted over 400 passes in a mid 11 sec car and could drive it anywhere .... I have 2 @ jannis trans now ... waiting on me to get him the billet parts

Countless beatings on an Extreme Automatics stage 1 trans with a 550 flywheel hp car. Can't kill this trans. And the price was right too

Truck freight 10-12 days is about $300 Commercial air line 3 days about $550 this is to Anchorage. Gives you some idea.