Rear Window Trim

StlRegal

I have a vinyl top that I have taken off and would like to know if any trim pieces or rear windows will work off any of the other g-body cars.

Trim pieces off of a cutlass or a monte or grand prix will fit. Same thing with rear windows. Now the quarter glass will have to be regal though. I just did the same thing to mine as far as pulling the top off. It was a pain in the butt. I hope this info helps.

Trim pieces off of a cutlass or a monte or grand prix will fit. Same thing with rear windows. Now the quarter glass will have to be regal though. I just did the same thing to mine as far as pulling the top off. It was a pain in the butt. I hope this info helps.

Thanks it helps, so when i go to a junkyard to find a rear window i wont just have to look for a regal i got all the g-bodys as an option. I figured the quarter windows were different just by looking at them.

Another question. How exactly do you go about taking the rear and quater windows out?

What you have to do is to pull out the top part of your rear seat and take the upper sail panel off. When you take it off you will see the nuts that holds the side windows on. When you undo the nuts you will have to pry or push the windows out. But be very careful when you do this cause you could break them. They are sealed in there. The other problem you will run into is the quarter glass from your car is different from one without the top. The black seal on the outer part of the window is larger on the cars without the top. What I mean is that if you look at your quarter glass now you will see the chrome quarter trim then you will see a black seal behing that. That is the one I am talking about. You can use that window if you want to. But that is how you take the quarter glass out. Now as far as the rear window I am not sure as I have not taken one out of a car. Are you looking for chrome trim for the rear window or the blackout trim? I have the chrome trim for the rear window but it would not be cheap. The front winshield trim for example goes for around $300 from Poston. The rear trim that I have does not have any dnts or scratches in it. When you go to pull the trim from a car in the junkyard look for a car that does not have the vynil top on it and pull the piece that is below the rear window. I mean the one that is infront of the trunk lid. I hope this info helps you out. Good luck with your project. You do have some work ahead of you.

Forgot to tell you that the hardest part you are going to have is figuring out how deep to mount the clips that hold the rear window trim on. Since you had a top on there there is no factory clips on there. It can be done just takes some patients.

As far as the rear trim clips go. Dont go back to gm and buy the plastic ones, go to to Ford and buy the metal ones. They are the same clip. And they are alot better than the plastic ones.

As far as the rear trim clips go. Dont go back to gm and buy the plastic ones, go to to Ford and buy the metal ones. They are the same clip. And they are alot better than the plastic ones.

Thanks very much, as of right now the car is still being worked on for its paint job and rust repair. And as long as it does not hurt to have the windows the way they are there wont be any paticular rush.

Ill also try to gather all th ematerials before i start on it.

Forgot to tell you that the hardest part you are going to have is figuring out how deep to mount the clips that hold the rear window trim on. Since you had a top on there there is no factory clips on there. It can be done just takes some patients.

Just use the donor car as an example. You can buy the rivets, actually they are tiny sheet metal screws with a button head, at most body shop supply outlets or places that handle the molding clips. I prefer the plastic clips like OEM. Its a lot easier to take off the molding if you have to. Not that you need to after everything is put together.