Rear wheels question. Need help!

RicoR

I have a set of weld pro stars for the rear 15x8 with 3.5" bs. With rolled fenders can I run 28x10.5-15 mt drag slicks with no issues?

depends on the ride height of the car, slicks do not have the rolled edge like a drag radial has,
so you could have issues with the fender lip,
I have 275-60-15 MT drag radials on 15x8 w/3.5 BS and they fit great.
car is stock ride height,

Yes you can:
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1431811161.391351.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have ran those same size wheels and slicks without the fenders rolled and never had any issues.

You might have some rub on hard launches with a 28" tire on stock suspension without fender rolls.

if you dont have a really stiff rear sway bar or ARB you should roll the lips
what looks good level will change when the chassis tips on a launch or when going up a driveway apron , a stiff rear bar like the HRparts helps to keep the rear level with the chassis

also rear control arms will make a difference , old soft OE bushing will allow the rear to move side to side more than a good set of poly arms or roto / heim end arms . if the rear moves the frame and the lip could cause issues ,
adjustable upper rear control arms also help to center the rear and prevent rubs . if your rear isnt centered to frame or body isnt centered on frame you could be ok on one side of the car but rub on the other
if you roll the lips and you do make contact at least it wont cut into the tire

Last edited: