Rear ride height

dvernst

I was wondering if a few of you could take a couple measurements for me please?
1. From the ground to the bottom edge of the quarter panel.

2. From the top of the tire to the bottom edge of the quarter panel

I have 26" tall tires, and I never measured my ride height with my stock rear end. With the 9" rear end because of the bigger axle tubes it raised the car, and I'm trying to determine how much.

Thanks

ForumRunner_20121016_162400.png

ForumRunner_20121016_162440.png

passenger 27.5" and 3"
driver side was a little lower... 27" and 2.5"

car has 16" gsc tires... i forget their overall size...

I would think that the spring perches should have been welded on using the center line of the tube so it wouldn't have affected ride height. You can lower your car about an inch if you remove the isolators on top of the springs. just push on some heater hose on the top spring coils to insulate them and you should be good.

Thanks! Never thought about removing the isolaters. The perches are on top of the axle give, so that sets their height.

8289ta said:
I would think that the spring perches should have been welded on using the center line of the tube so it wouldn't have affected ride height. You can lower your car about an inch if you remove the isolators on top of the springs. just push on some heater hose on the top spring coils to insulate them and you should be good.

Used your idea with the heater hose. Lowered car about 3/4". It was pretty tough getting the hose all the way around the top of the spring. Worked perfect though! Thanks!