Rear drag springs

TEST MY 6

My belltech lowering springs have began to sag and im not liking the look , I was thinking of moroso drag springs which would also help in the traction department but does anyone know the height of theese compared to stock springs? The front is dropped so I cant go too high in the rear or else :rolleyes: ....well it would look like crap . Any suggestions on a good spring slightly lower than stock that will help traction??

I don't think that there will be many lowering springs that are wound to have drag specific rate.

Is there a bolt in coil over conversion for the back?

Good question on the coil overs although it sounds like a costly measure, I was thinking of looking for light duty G-body springs or does anyone know the load ratings of elcamino springs? I figured theres less weight back there than a regal but I could be wrong?

Try a set of Moog Cargo coils

They are about 3/4" lower than new stock springs, but hold far more weight when compressed as they are progressively wound. :cool:

I don't remember the number offhand

I just call my parts supplier and order the spring called for by the application. I've used them in my '79 Cutlass, and countless customers cars, and they've never dissappointed anyone. I used that Cutlass to tow a 4000 lb. racecar trailer, and they worked great for that too. Anyone who handles Moog should be able to get you the right ones. :cool:

Hey Rickracer, Is it possible the moog cargo's may be too stiff and cause wheel hop? They sound like a good height but what about traction issues? I am not going to be towing or packing my trunk full of stuff, Thanks

They are progressively wound

That means they have a nice ride at normal height, but the more you compress them, the stiffer they get. They may not be the very best drag springs, but they are a great replacement for the stockers, very versatile and durable. :cool:

Well I finally found a spring the perfect height and I "think" I may have somewhat better traction now, I have a friend in the aftermarket parts buisness who helped me with them , The part # is Moog 5409 . I will post pics later .Thanks

New pics are up , I know im gonna take some heat about the painted wheels but the GN was up for a makeover besides polishing them every week was killing me. The springs are a perfect height and gives the car a better stance in my opinion. Let me know what ya think

Thanks Matt, I used the 5409's from MOOG . They seem like the perfect height hopefully they wont sag like the belltech's

Did you redo your motor yet? im picking up mine next week. let me know if you want me to drop yours off.

No not yet but now I have no choice since I now have a nice rod knock, I will probably get it started by august on it Thanks Matt