Rear control arms help

Hello everyone I'm getting ready to put some afco coil overs on my 87 turbo t and was thinking of putting on some control arms on all so and was looking for some help as too what brand and what other up grades to the suspension

If ya can afford them. Nice suff, I have them on my '71 GS, used UMI's stock length lowers and QA1's for the T

if you're planning on setting up the suspension for the track, I'd do baseline suspension uppers and lowers in the rear, TRZ in the front. baselines uppers include a relocation bracket to correct the geometry of the suspension to aid in traction and efficient launches, if you're into that kind of stuff. if you're doing afco coil overs all around you'll save a ton of money by using a beehive spring that goes from 2.5" to I believe 5.5" or close to it. that way the factory mounting position on the top can be retained but that 2.5" end on the bottom can sit on the adjuster and be used to raise or lower the car. you might also want to change out the bushings on the top of the rear end where the control arm bolts into to one of those that Wolfe race craft or TRZ sells. I can't remember what they're called, I think spherical bushings?

a nice sway bar will be needed also. can't really go wrong when going to an aftermarket one, TRZ, and Wolfe's sway bars require welding in but are considered top notch when setting up a car for the track, but other bars like the HR bar is proven to be very good also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
if you're planning on setting up the suspension for the track, I'd do baseline suspension uppers and lowers in the rear, TRZ in the front. baselines uppers include a relocation bracket to correct the geometry of the suspension to aid in traction and efficient launches, if you're into that kind of stuff. if you're doing afco coil overs all around you'll save a ton of money by using a beehive spring that goes from 2.5" to I believe 5.5" or close to it. that way the factory mounting position on the top can be retained but that 2.5" end on the bottom can sit on the adjuster and be used to raise or lower the car. you might also want to change out the bushings on the top of the rear end where the control arm bolts into to one of those that Wolfe race craft or TRZ sells. I can't remember what they're called, I think spherical bushings?

a nice sway bar will be needed also. can't really go wrong when going to an aftermarket one, TRZ, and Wolfe's sway bars require welding in but are considered top notch when setting up a car for the track, but other bars like the HR bar is proven to be very good also.

the rear is going to be coil overs and the front is just afco shocks non adjustable they came with the car supposedly they were built for the car what do you think of the bmr brand control arms and I'm sure I'm going to have to go through the front and all so I believe it's all stock Thank you very much for all your information from very helpful

the rear is going to be coil overs and the front is just afco shocks non adjustable they came with the car supposedly they were built for the car what do you think of the bmr brand control arms and I'm sure I'm going to have to go through the front and all so I believe it's all stock Thank you very much for all your information from very helpful

I've never read anything on here about BMRs control arms, I'd bet they're an upgrade from stock. but are they truly the best option out there for you? it all depends on your set up. what kind of car are you building? i just chose to go with companies that have proven results on cars that perform well at the track, since that's where my car will be at most of the time.

I'm running DSE rear control arms. They have the swivel link and rubber bushings pressed in. Awesome ride ad very tight.