Rear coil overs - On sale and pics of my installation of them!

I removed my Hotchkis uppers because I thought the ride was too harsh. Went back to stock. Much better now.

I removed my Hotchkis uppers because I thought the ride was too harsh. Went back to stock. Much better now.
A lot of your ride quality comes from the bushings used...Poly can be very harsh and noisy.

hello; I don't know how trailing arm bushing will change ride quality. As long as there greased and move freely it should be good. I'm going to try some Hotchkis uppers and see. I do have the lowers.
IBBY

hello; I don't know how trailing arm bushing will change ride quality. As long as there greased and move freely it should be good. I'm going to try some Hotchkis uppers and see. I do have the lowers.
IBBY
Well jlat it's like this.... The rubber bushings are softer which will "Absorb" road vibrations and such A LOT better over poly bushings because the poly bushings are so much harder and because they are so much harder they will "Transfer" road vibrations and such through them and into the frame of the car where you will feel everything much more and if you have poly body mounts that just add's to it...

I have the DSE upper & lower rear control arms and they have rubber bushings and the ride quality is just like a stock TR with No Harshness at all.

Neat looking setup but it seems like it exerts a lot of force on the shock mounts and a single shear fastener. :confused:

I think my Hotchkiss arms had rubber bushings. They looked like rubber to me. If their intent is to exert more downward force for better launches then it would seem that would also translate into a stiffer ride. I do know my car rides a ton better now on the street with the stock arms, and that was the only change I made. I'm thinking of removing the added body bushings to put it back to bone stock but probably never will.

hello people; I've been trying to post but the site has been acting up.
rubber or not that seems to be the question.. I'm going without and we'll see how it goes.
Hotchkis is not rubber and you can buy the bushing separately if you want. I wonder if you can get a rubber replacement if wanted? But in a performance suspension all of the products I've seen are not rubber from sway bars on.
IBBY

I checked and it appears parts stores do not stock upper replacements for factory arms. I don't know if Hotchkis does or not, but rubber ones are available on Ebay for the stock arms. Maybe stock rubbers would fit in the Hotchkis. I still can't believe that rubber over poly would make much of a difference. Even a 20% difference would still be a harsh ride imo. I once read on the board that someone said he removed his Hotchkis rear arms because they made his car "ride like a truck".

What are some of the adavanages of the rear coil over vs. stock? Looks like there should be some weight reduction with QA1 alumimum shocks and smaller coil springs...any idea how much? Much better shocks for sure. Adjustability for rebound/dampening and height. I guess double adjusters would have some advantage for hard launches to provide maximum dampening without also maximizing the rebound. Any other pluses?

P.S. Love that polished exhaust!

So far I really like these. Advantages is you can fine tune the height to exactly where you want it, adjust the firmness of the shocks with the twist of a knob. I am thinking of maybe welding the lower mount permanently to the original shock mount.