Reapplying the roof-rail trim...

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
I was wondering how or what you to use to reapply the roof rail weather strip trim and black-out trim that is held in place with adhesive back rubber?

Some sort of seam-sealer...cauk..or can you still get that adhesive-backed rubber the factory uses?

Actually, I did not use any adhesive. If you clean the plastic areas and get off all of the old adhesive, the plastic trays actually pinch the new weatherstripping and hold it in place. You will need a dull plastic tool to help push the weatherstripping into every corner and crevice. I have a body man that helped me with mine and I borrowed his tool. It's also helpful if you can avoid adhesive to get the windows to line up with the new strips. you can correct any fitment problems easier without adhesive. I know GM used adhesive, but this worked for me....and without a mess!:D

i appreciate the insight, however, when i install roof-rail and door weatherstrip I do use 3M black WeatherStrip Adhesive...

What i was refering to, is the weatherstrip channels are attached to the body with both screws and flat, adhesive backed rubber strips... and I was looking for information on how people who have either changed the color of their car, or for whatever reason, removed them have reapplied them in the same way the factory did or in some other way....