really need help now - still bogging and stuttering

mista808

the other day while buying buffing pads and rubbing compounds, (still running crappy) i noticed black smoke coming out of the exhaust at adle. heres the symptoms, mal code 44, eating ALOT of gas, bogging and stuttering, and black smoke, thats all i can think of now. also i thought this was out of the ordinary, before all this happened when it was running like a champ, at cruising speeds id press the gas at about 45-50% throttle and then the stock boost would get up to about 3-5lbs, as of right now, id press the gas slightly and it would read 3-5lbs. then at idle, the stock boost would come on and off at 1lbs. im guessing there is a vacuum leak some where. i was told it could be a number of things. then when the check engine light comes on, it'll run or seem to run okay, just okay. but one day i disconnected the battery for about 30min, reconnected and drove it around. it ran very good, then the check engine light came on and started all over again, so it could be a sensor or something. all help is appreciated. thanks