Real GNX wheels

Bakn2Gns

The man I bought my first 1987 GN from was one of the LUCKY 547. When I bought my 28000 mile perfect
Car he threw in all his Buick stuff, pics window stickers ect. He also loaded up a rear GNX wheel. The dealership had replaced it thinking the wheel was warped. Turned out to be an axle. So bingo FREE wheel! They are so different from the TA whees! I'd like to see about having some originals produced. I'm sure GN guys will buy them. More importantly I'm sure a few X owners have some wheels with curb rash and would love to put new wheels in their place.does anyone have info on who made the wheels for ASC/Buick? Seems like the first place to start asking questions. Who with a GNX would be in for a wheel or two. This is worth looking into since you can't just slap on a TA and get the same wheel.

The guy that made the offer had a rear with an ugly curb mark. I still turned down the offer. Laugh all you want. I could have bought 3 or 4 real GNXs over the years that were way to
high priced. One I cold have bought in 93 for $28,900. I laughed back then myself . Now that would be a $100,000 car. Not laughing now... At all...

Taking nothing away from a GNX but it takes an exceptional one to go for 100K
That's hardly guaranteed
They average more in the mid's 50's

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

True, but the car passed up would be close to the 100k mark today if it looked anything like when I passed her up. I do see what y'all are saying though.

I bought an 87 gta parts car a few yrs back .(2010) didn't run
Car was all there I bought it took back to the shop really look the car over. The fp plug had come apart . Fixed the plug
Fresh gas fired rite up.
Figured id make a few bucks
Looked like some dumb ass put the wheels on wrong. Big lip in the back small in the front.
So I pull them off. Hit them with some mothers. Something don't look right. the rear lips are huge . Yep u guessed it
They were gnx wheels .
Long story short. I think they came on some of the GTA's in 87 the special edition tpi 350 cars. Ive bought a few of them an so far 2 of them have had the gnx wheels .
Sold the wheels on here for $1700 .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You'll need 100k to get that project done. At least. Not a big market and you would sell only a few sets a year. 3 to 5 at most.

Pete

The craziest price I know paid for just a part to complete a car is 18K for an NOS pair of E-body hemi mufflers. I guess those were worth hanging on to.
KID

The first turbo Regal I looked at in 2007 was a white X-ray clone. The guy told me that it was built using parts off a wrecked GNX. When we put it on the rack...first thing I looked for was the -15 and -23 on the rims...sure enough...they were real.
Didn't buy the car because the rear main was blowing oil out as fast as you put it in. Had to drive it 4 hours and didn't have enough oil to make it.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE REPRODUCTION ITEMS THAT ARE BEING REPRODUCED FOR THESE CARS. AS A MATTER OF FACT THE DASH PETE IS SELLING, THE WIRING IS ACTUALLY BETTER THAN THE ORIG WIRING. YEARS AGO WE WERE AT RICHARD CLARK'S,RICHARD JUST HAPPENED TO PULL A DASH CLUSTER OF THE SHELF(GO FIGURE) SURE ENOUGH IS WAS A GNX S.W DASH. THE WIRING WAS OK FOR THAT TIME PERIOD, THE MAIN CONNECTOR WAS SOMEWHAT CRUDE, JOHN FROM CASPER TOOK NOTES,PHOTOS AND BUILT A WIRE HARNESS THAT IS BEAUTIFUL,BAR BETTER THAN THE ORIG.(PLEASE, NO DISRESPECT) ANYONE WHO DOES HAVE A GNX,IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THIS HARNESS ON HAND(JUST IN CASE)(NOT TRING TO BE A SALESMAN) BUT THERE MAY COME A DAY THAT THESE HARNESS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE....