Rattling noise

Wld87GN

Embarrassed as I am that I did not know what the "knocking" sound was...

I am happy to have figured it out... Which it also comes to my attention that these aftermarket SLIC intercoolers are just a rattling mess. First of all am I the only one who had to modify the air dam to fit properly around he sway bar? Then also modify the brackets to properly mount the intercooler properly?

I spoke to Bruce @ Aggressive and I am going to try to get the car over to him to assist with the tune, but he said that these aftermarket intercoolers (precision and GN1) are notorious for rattling and even losing the little sheet metal screws. Wonderful, not even more shit to keep after...

So anyway, I was able to adjust the intercooler and stop the rattling, will also be using some thead locker (blue) on the sheet metal screws that hold the air-dam or shroud to the intercooler since I do not want to be a slave to checking each one everytime I get back from a ride.

Embarrassed as I am that I did not know what the "knocking" sound was...

I am happy to have figured it out... Which it also comes to my attention that these aftermarket SLIC intercoolers are just a rattling mess. First of all am I the only one who had to modify the air dam to fit properly around he sway bar? Then also modify the brackets to properly mount the intercooler properly?

I spoke to Bruce @ Aggressive and I am going to try to get the car over to him to assist with the tune, but he said that these aftermarket intercoolers (precision and GN1) are notorious for rattling and even losing the little sheet metal screws. Wonderful, not even more shit to keep after...

So anyway, I was able to adjust the intercooler and stop the rattling, will also be using some thead locker (blue) on the sheet metal screws that hold the air-dam or shroud to the intercooler since I do not want to be a slave to checking each one everytime I get back from a ride.
I put a bead of silicone where the shroud meets the intercooler on mine

I hit mine with a die grinder. :eek::p

Yeah the cheesy screws can back out if you are a person that actually drives their car.

Loctite can help with that as long as the holes are okay and not waaay loose.

Sure do know what you are talking about. Took mine out, put in a RJC front mount.

I did not see any reason to purchase a front mount IC with my setup.

Are you saying you put a front mount IC on a 12k mile original car?

I did not see any reason to purchase a front mount IC with my setup.

Are you saying you put a front mount IC on a 12k mile original car?
How would that be any different than what you have already added to the car?

Bryan

How would that be any different than what you have already added to the car?

Bryan

I am not sure if I understand you question. When I bought my intercooler I weighed the option of going with a front mount vs. a SLIC. When I did the investigation I did not find any performance gains with what I was planning, that warranted me to spend the extra money on the FMIC.

No there was nothing wrong, was just something to do. Gain I really could not tell you, it's really just a street car that I drive now and again. When you get to be my age the money no longer matters.

Front mounts have their own threads with problems with "fitment" as well. ;)

Nevermind the surge problems that some have with them with stock or near stock setups and turbos. :eek: