Rather than too much explaining, I made vids :D

floyd84

Hey everybody, Leo here. I just wanted to pick your brains for a few moments. It's been a roller coaster ride with this one for about a year now. Chasing electrical gremlins is not my favorite activity. I keep this one in storage. The people there are cool and used to let me run my battery tender off of an outlet outside the unit. Then the fire inspector came by, one day and said, "nuh nuh" to that. So the battery kept dying. I would just start her up once in a while, with no problems. Then she started crapping out unexpectedly. So I rooted around and couldn't find what was wrong. One day I had her out and started hearing an awful noise, as I was returning back to the storage place. It turned out to be this
p_00620.jpg

p_00621.jpg

p_00622.jpg

So I soon replaced the whole thing with one of the 240amp alternators from the online store on TurboBuicks. She still gave me a hard time, so I replaced the Die Hard Gold with a Die Hard Platinum gel cell. Still no luck, then I discovered that the positive connector had sheared off in the old battery, so I replaced both connectors with heavy duty brass ones. They also have a secondary post, so I could run my aftermarket HID lights and another ground to the inner fender. Well I spent the last couple of days trying to find any loose ground connections and figuring out why my fuel pump keeps running after I turn the key off. She sat all fall and winter without being started, and sure enough, the battery was dead again. I tried a battery jumper pack and she still didn't want to start. So I plugged in the battery tender and left it overnight. I went today and she started up just fine. Here are some vids I made after I started, about ten minutes later, and after about a half hour. The only thing that concerns me now, is that I have to get on the gas to make her roll forward. Don't know if it's the brakes just being a little corroded from sitting around, or something more serious. Any help is appreciated. What do you all think?
YouTube - DSC_0097.MOV
YouTube - DSC_0102.MOV
YouTube - DSC_0103.MOV

It appears that your car is charging now, but I would make sure that you back it out of the storage unit all the way when running it. Carbon monoxide will build up in not only your unit, but accumulate in other people's too. You could harm yourself as well as others.

Have you checked the fluid levels in your transmission, that can cause the issues that you are having.

Sounds like your fuel pump relay is stuck in the closed position. Check to see if the relay is receiving constant power. It may be the signal wire that is constantly energizing the relay.

If your car sat for 6 month with the same fuel, that may be the cause of your stumble. Drain the old fuel and put in fresh !!

It appears that your car is charging now, but I would make sure that you back it out of the storage unit all the way when running it. Carbon monoxide will build up in not only your unit, but accumulate in other people's too. You could harm yourself as well as others.

Have you checked the fluid levels in your transmission, that can cause the issues that you are having.

Sounds like your fuel pump relay is stuck in the closed position. Check to see if the relay is receiving constant power. It may be the signal wire that is constantly energizing the relay.

If your car sat for 6 month with the same fuel, that may be the cause of your stumble. Drain the old fuel and put in fresh !!

Thanks Dab. I haven't checked the trans fluid yet. The Fuel pump relay, hotwire kit, and Warbro 340 were all done by Eric at Dynotech before he passed. I just brought her home and she was running fine, but I did have to unplug the fuel pump relay, when I shut her off. As far as the gas, I had just refueled and added Stabil when the alternator pulley broke off. That was last summer and I had only started her a few times.

Leo,

Soon time for you to show up at a MAGNA meeting..... been ages since I saw you/your car.

Chuck

Ok, I had her out all day, shaking her down. She seems to be running good. Feel free to subscribe to my Youtube channel, if you like cars and guitars
DSC_0165.jpg

YouTube - DSC_0180.MOV
YouTube - DSC_0181.MOV

I love cars and guitars....my two most favorites.....been a musician most of my life...and I'll have to say your Regal is just beautiful!!!!! Really looks menacing! Nice, nice job on her. That is some slick ride you have there.:biggrin: The YouTube view of what it sounds like inside at speed was music to my ears....WOW, loved it!!! The thing idles just so cool.....love the sound at idle. I'm jealous!!!! Where are the guitars???

Bruce '98 Grand National

I love cars and guitars....my two most favorites.....been a musician most of my life...and I'll have to say your Regal is just beautiful!!!!! Really looks menacing! Nice, nice job on her. That is some slick ride you have there.:biggrin: The YouTube view of what it sounds like inside at speed was music to my ears....WOW, loved it!!! The thing idles just so cool.....love the sound at idle. I'm jealous!!!! Where are the guitars???

Bruce '98 Grand National

Bruce, thanks for the nice words. She's been a labor of love. There's a lot of years and money invested there. As for the guitars.So far there's only one vid of some 50 year old tube amps I'm selling, and some of my friend's ban playing The Stone Pony. I'll be posting more stuff. I'm over on mylespaulforum all the time. Same screen name. If your into Les Pauls, you should check it out

Leo,

Soon time for you to show up at a MAGNA meeting..... been ages since I saw you/your car.

Chuck

Yeah Chuck, your right. It has been a while. You wouldn't recognize either of us lol. She got all made up and I lost about 190lbs :biggrin: I spent alot of the past years doing work to all of my cars and spending way too much on guitars. This one was over a year long project, just for paint and interior, and that was after a long stretch at Dynotech. Then there's playing tag with Kaminski, whose got my blue T-Type. And finally, a buddy of mine has had my 86 GN at his paint shop for the last year. It's always something with these cars lol/ I haven't trusted taking this one so far from home. I was looking into the Kirban's open house. I'll have to see if I can make it

I subscribed. I love cars and guitars too. Here's one from my channel.

[YOUTUBE]ZLQGtT9oRQc[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds great. I really liked the Yamaha vids. I see that we both play the same type of bluesy pentatonic stuff lol. I have mostly Les Pauls and Strats, but I do have one Explorer like you. It's an 84 designer series with 80's Duncans.
DSC_0109.jpg

lp96.jpg

Nice car!!

Only thing i see on your scanmaster readings that is a little out of spec is the IAC numbers,usually adjusted to 15 - 25 i think is the norm.

As for the transmission after checking the fluid level to make sure it's at the full mark.

You could jackup the rearend and put it on jackstands and run the transmission through the gears,manually shifting the transmission to ensure the valves in the valve body stay free and not get gummed up, i do this especially during the winter when the roads are to bad and nasty to take the car out and drive it.

Nice car!!

Only thing i see on your scanmaster readings that is a little out of spec is the IAC numbers,usually adjusted to 15 - 25 i think is the norm.

As for the transmission after checking the fluid level to make sure it's at the full mark.

You could jackup the rearend and put it on jackstands and run the transmission through the gears,manually shifting the transmission to ensure the valves in the valve body stay free and not get gummed up, i do this especially during the winter when the roads are to bad and nasty to take the car out and drive it.

I checked the trans fluid, and if anything, I think someone overfilled it. I've always heard that can be almost as bad as bein too low. Maybe it read that way because of the rake of the car. Maybe someone filled it up on a lift, when I wasn't looking. Who knows, but I'll be taking it to be done right the next chance I get

I checked the trans fluid, and if anything, I think someone overfilled it. I've always heard that can be almost as bad as bein too low. Maybe it read that way because of the rake of the car. Maybe someone filled it up on a lift, when I wasn't looking. Who knows, but I'll be taking it to be done right the next chance I get

Actually overfilling the transmission by a quart is/was a common practice and recommended by transmission builders.

Here is a thread on overfilling of the transmission.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/70758-overfilling-transmissiom.html