random connectors

nickd2689

Ok, so Im still here tryin to get my 84 runnin, and i found 5 connectors that are just left disconnected. (yes the previous owner of this car really F***** it up!) so here are some pictures, If anyone has any idea what they may be, or a way i can find out, it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Attachments

• carhelp.jpg
    carhelp.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 174
  • carhelp2.jpg
    carhelp2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 181
hope I can help... cant really see connectors

First pic,

white arrow with single wire is the fuel pump prime connector, shouldn't be hooked to anything. The black arrow looks like the Mass Airflow Sensor connector to me. The connector that the 3 wire connector is laying on I cant tell enough about it. How many wires does it have?

Second pic

White arrow by the master cylinder, is the same connector in the first pic (MAF), the black arrow is hard to tell anything about. Three wires? Square plug? The little single grayish white plug I think is a tach test wire not sure. The white arrow to the right is the power wire for the under hood light I believe.

There are people with more knowledge than I, but if I get a better pic I can figure it out because I have a spare harness.

Jerry

Attachments

• carhelp.jpg
    carhelp.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 163
  • carhelp2.jpg
    carhelp2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 147
ok, first of all, thank you for your help, you were right about the MAF connector, I actually disconnected that one during a test and forgot about it lol. anyway, pic #5 is the one you were asking about from the first picture before. I forgot what you asked about Pic #4 but thats the one by the master cylinder, and it looks like one of the wires branches off into a fusible link. and Pic number 3 is just another one I found by the coil pack. How did you insert the arrows into the picture?

Attachments

• carhelp5.jpg
    carhelp5.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 148
  • carhelp4.jpg
    carhelp4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 148
  • carhelp3.jpg
    carhelp3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 151
dunno about those

Thanks for the better pics, but I dont know what those are.

I downloaded your pics, took them into microsoft paint and put the arrows in.

Hopefully there are experts on the subject to help on this.

Jerry

ok, first of all, thank you for your help, you were right about the MAF connector, I actually disconnected that one during a test and forgot about it lol. anyway, pic #5 is the one you were asking about from the first picture before. I forgot what you asked about Pic #4 but thats the one by the master cylinder, and it looks like one of the wires branches off into a fusible link. and Pic number 3 is just another one I found by the coil pack. How did you insert the arrows into the picture?

The green plug you have your finger on is for a spare tach.It stays unpluged if you do not use it.

wow ive never seen a car that had so many connectors that werent supposed to be connected to anything thanks guys!

There is also a connector that if powered up will run your fuel pump! I thought that the green one next to the cam sensor. Hopefully someone will chime in! I know that the ones by the master cylinder are supposed to be for the factory to run diagnostics.:confused:

wow you guys sure know your stuff! I have tomorrow off so ill mess around with it a bit and post back. Thanks everyone!