Ramcharger fan problems...Help!!

TIMS87GN

My friend and I both ordered the Ramchargers fan 674001 I think was the number. We ordered the Caspers harness that is reported to be a plug and play hookup. After spending the time to cut to fit the fan and mount it, we hooked up the harness per the instructions and got nothing. We ran the car and waited to see if the ECM would command it to kick on. Temps got up to 200* and nothing. For the heck of it we used my wiring harness and got the same thing! We reconnected the factory fan to ensure nothing was blown and the factory fan worked. So we knew there was not a problem with the factory harness.
We got to searching on here for previous problems and found a thread that talked about the difference in harness connections. The factory has a three pin connector and the Caspers is only two. Further reading mentioned something about low speed vs. high speed. (Bare with me I'm not an electrician!) We came to the conclusion that the car was commanding high speed but the harness was wired for low speed connection. We pulled the outer pin in the Caspers harness and moved it to the vacant center position and plugged it in. This time the fans came on, but only when we used the manual switch that is in the car. Still no ECM command. It was around midnight so we left well-enough alone. Called it a night.

My question is What the hell?? This was supposed to be a plug and play and we had to mess with the wiring to get it to work.....Manually! By the way the fans are awesome!! Took the temps right down to 160*!!

How can we get this thing to work correctly so that it will work by ECM and also the manual switch?? Photos and schematics are welcome! I haven't installed it in my car yet because I know I will have to do the same thing. I just want this harness to work as advertised. I'm not flaming Caspers by any means, I love their stuff and will continue to use them.

Please help the electrically challenged!!

Tims87gn@yahoo.com

Mine works. Comes on at 160 and comes on when the A/C is turned on.
My override switch does not work now. I have not checked into why yet.
Did yours come with the RC adapter?
Are you using it?
If so, remove.
You plug the Casper directly to the RC fan.
Now my volts do not pull down as much with the Casper setup.

No we didn't get the Ramchargers adapter. The Caspers adapter is plugged directly to the RC fans.

My Casper harness has a 3 three pin connector. Wrong harness sent maybe?

I bought the adapter that they offered w/the fan set up. no problems as of yet.

Just wanted to say that we fixed the problem. It turned out to be a faulty factory relay on the fender. Everything worked as advertised (yes we switched the pins back on the Caspers harness connector).
I just wanted to let everyone know it was Not a problem with the Caspers harness. Just be sure to check your relays! Thanks to everyone for your input!:D

Originally posted by TIMS87GN
Just wanted to say that we fixed the problem. It turned out to be a faulty factory relay on the fender. Everything worked as advertised (yes we switched the pins back on the Caspers harness connector).
I just wanted to let everyone know it was Not a problem with the Caspers harness. Just be sure to check your relays! Thanks to everyone for your input!:D

All the more reason to get the increased load off of the old factory relays and fusible links... which is what the Racetronix harness does.

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX-G7-DFH/RX-G7-DFH.html

Originally posted by jojo
So this kit bolts right in-place of the factory relays?? thats a nice piece.

jojo

No, the Racetronix harness uses the old factory system as a control for the Racetronix relays.