Radiator fan

1sikV6

I just recently got my AC running again. I noticed when I turn on my AC on, either to Norm or Max my radiator fans immediately come on. Is that normal?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would say so. Pretty much everything I see with an electric fan is setup to either kick the cooling fan on, or if it's a dual fan setup, the secondary fan comes on with the ac. Its because when the ac is on, the heat you suck out of the air going into the cabin is expelled by the condenser in front of the radiator. That gives the effect of driving in even hotter temps than you are already in to need the ac, so you need more airflow across the radiator to keep both the ac system and engine cooling system working correctly. HTH.

I just recently got my AC running again. I noticed when I turn on my AC on, either to Norm or Max my radiator fans immediately come on. Is that normal?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yes, that is normal. There is a pressure switch in the A/C system that turns the low speed fan on when the head pressure reaches 260psi. When the head pressure reaches 300psi it turns the high speed on.