Radial tire Regal Rebuild thread...

Dusty Bradford

I'll go ahead and start my update pics. Once I have this week's race out of the way I hope to move quickly and get my car back together. All engine parts are at the machine shop waiting for the machinist. Maybe a couple weeks and the shortblock will be ready. I have the mockup engine ready to go in the car so I can start building the hot side of the turbo system. Header material is here from SPD.

Here's some pics of the car straight from the paint booth.

Attachments

• updateIMG0004.jpg
    updateIMG0004.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 653
  • updateIMG0005.jpg
    updateIMG0005.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 643
Next up is the Pro-Mod Glide by PTC. I had a good assembly in a stock case last year but you have to keep line pressure low to make the stock case live. At the end of the year I started burning up high gear clutches. PTC helped set me up with a new Dedenbear case and I traded my 9.5 converter in on a 9.5 aluminum backing case bolt together converter. The extra line pressure makes the tranny last longer and makes staging the car much easier since there won't be any rocking when the trans brake is engaged.

Attachments

• updateIMG0006.jpg
    updateIMG0006.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 661
  • updateIMG0007.jpg
    updateIMG0007.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 632
I have the newer version of the SB2.2 heads from Childress racing. I upgraded from the older version I had a few months ago to this set with a better exhaust port. These are the 011 castings from 2003. They maxed out at 401 cfm at .700 on the intake and 286 at .700 on the exhaust. With a pipe on the exhaust they flowed nearly 300cfm. The new motor will be a 401ci, 4.125 bore with Crower 3.75 stroke from the old motor and have the new Oliver Super Speedway Billet rods. Pistons are from Venolia. It should be good for 2000hp even with the 94mm reducer required by my racing org in my PT 106.

Attachments

• updateIMG0001.jpg
    updateIMG0001.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 645
  • updateIMG0002.jpg
    updateIMG0002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 644
  • updateIMG0003.jpg
    updateIMG0003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 633
I have the newer version of the SB2.2 heads from Childress racing. I upgraded from the older version I had a few months ago to this set with a better exhaust port. These are the 011 castings from 2003. They maxed out at 401 cfm at .700 on the intake and 286 at .700 on the exhaust. With a pipe on the exhaust they flowed nearly 300cfm. The new motor will be a 401ci, 4.125 bore with Crower 3.75 stroke from the old motor and have the new Oliver Super Speedway Billet rods. Pistons are from Venolia. It should be good for 2000hp even with the 94mm reducer required by my racing org in my PT 106.

WOW, what an excellent update.
I can't wait until will see how fast you can push that brick!!!:eek:
Do you think you can try and make Orlando this year???

Dusty always makes me think I'm building a mild street car ;)

I look forward to seeing how that trans / converter combo work for ya Dusty, I have still not selected the unit for my car, and have a couple months to think about it.

LOOKS SWEET!

WOW, what an excellent update.
I can't wait until will see how fast you can push that brick!!!:eek:
Do you think you can try and make Orlando this year???

I have vacation that weekend so I'm planning on it. I'm hoping for 7.70's at 185.

Thanks Cliff. I have the bolt together for several reasons. One of those is I expect a gearing change to run 1/4 so I'll also need to swap stators just for those races. I have a track rental in May to make some 1/4 passes so I'll know what to expect. When you get ready I'll help pick you one out.

My last set-up was mild....I'm hoping I don't regret the wild version;)

Very nice update Dusty!:cool: Car looks killer with the new paint and I expect it to be quite the Giant killer with the new combination..:eek: :D

Dusty, you got some pics of the 5/8" studs and brake set up ? I wanna make sure I put mine together correctly.

I don't have any pics Jason. I can try to get some if you need them or give me a call tomorrow afternoon(I'm on night shift) and I'll try to help......

i hope your still gonna cruise this thing on the street now and then!
other than that its pure sex
Gary

The sb2.2 heads are just unbelievable :cool: !! Can I ask what compression ratio you are running, dont those heads have really small chambers??

I still plan to cruise it through town on weekends. I don't want to do anything to the car that takes that away. It worked out the duration and lift of the cam won't be hard on parts with this combo.

Compression is 8.9-1. Heads have a 46cc chamber so it was tough getting a piston short enough to make it work. Tom at Venolia did a great job designing a piston. It would have been a lot easier if I had a 5.7 rod instead of the 6.0 rod but my crank throws are too big for a 5.7 rod.

Dusty
The car looks sweet I really like the color:D
Boy looked like a good race this past weekend
good luck with the car.

Just curious, what are the specs for the cam on a monster like this? If you want to release them :D !!