Racing Bucket Seat

HotAirGN

I want to replace my stock buckets with a pair that already has mounts for a harness. What is recommended? Would like for it to still recline, i.e not just a hardcore faberglass unit. Anyone have some for sale?

Hot Air GN,
I have a set of Corbeau Forzas on stock Buick seat tracks. They are a straight bolt on. I have considered selling them.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/forza/forza.shtml

Check out the pic attached. Its the best ic i have so far. Nice seats , no reclining feature but they are very confortable.
Let me know

Attachments

• MVC-528F.JPG
    MVC-528F.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 223
Louie L. said:
Hot Air GN,
I have a set of Corbeau Forzas on stock Buick seat tracks. They are a straight bolt on. I have considered selling them.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/forza/forza.shtml

Check out the pic attached. Its the best ic i have so far. Nice seats , no reclining feature but they are very confortable.
Let me know

Louie,

was there much fabrication to get them onto the stock Buick seat tracks ?

George

George,
Yes and No. The adapting of the seat to the stock sliders is simple. The materials ,drilling,scrapping and starting all over is what is a pain. In a scale from 1-10 its about a 6.

I want to replace my stock buckets with a pair that already has mounts for a harness

I'm not aware of any aftermarket seats that have harness mounting points built in. You typically rely on roll bar/roll cage for shoulder harness mounting and stock attachment points in the floor for the lap belts. I welded a 1/8 plate to the seat support crossmember for my sub belt.

The seats that I had in mind were of what Louie has but you make a vaild point turbodave. Is there a belt unit availible that bolts to the floor but serves the shoulders? The whole reason for replacing is that my seats are in bad shape and I wanted to switch to something a little nicer and safer. Also for Louie, when a price is figured please get back to me, until then I'll keep researching