Racetronix fuel pump help needed

cetme1

Hey gang

I need some help. It's late and I just finished putting a Racetronix G77 plus fuel system on my 87 GN. It included a new 340m fuel pump, new hot wire kit, and new battery ground upgrade.

I've been working on this slowly for a few weeks when I've had time (new baby and all).

Problem: The car is not getting any fuel. The first time I started it, it did start but fuel pressure was low, around 36. I turned it off to get some tools to adjust the fuel pressure and when I tried to restart the engine it would just turn over, not start.

I checked the fuel rail-no fuel or very little, wont even register on my mechanical gauge at rail. Only a little gas came out there.

I checked the fuses under the dash and in the hotwire harness-both good.

I exchanged the fuel pump relay with a new one I had lying around-not sure if either is good or bad, just know the original was working before I started this project.

I hooked up an alligator clip and wire from the alternator to the grey wire behind and below it. I could here a clicking noise coming from the tank area. No whining noise though.

I tried rehooking up the old hotwire kit - but same thing, would turn over but not start. Tried the alligator clip again and still heard the clicking noise.

I didn't check the pump before buttoning up the tank. I just assumed it would work (I know) and didn't want to damage it running it dry.

I'm pretty unhappy right now. I've replaced pumps and hotwire kits in the past on several cars and never had any problems for years. I'm real limited on "car time" now. I would hate to have to take the tank down again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Already sent them an email. Their site is showing under construction though. I wonder if they are getting their emails?

Couldn't find any tech forum on there, maybe its not up yet.

I got an automated response from racetronix today. Nothing else yet though.

Anyone have any ideas? Tonight may be the last night I can look at it for another few weeks. ANY help would be appreciated.