racetronix fan harness issues?

nailheadpowered

okay i got the ramchargers dual fan setup and the racetronix dual fan harness they have been selling and i put it all in and my fans will not work :( plugged into the harness but will work on low plugged into my factory plug. I also put the 40amp fuses in as racetronix suggested. I figured i would see if someone else has had a similiar issue since racetronix won't call me or leave a # for me to call to go through the setup to make sure something stupid is not missed. any help appreciated thanks mike at nailheadpoweredgs@sbcglobal.net

I had the same problem and found that one of my wires was mislabeled. The red and blue wires both go to the positive battery post. One of mine was labeled as negative.

dual fan harness

Thanks spoolin86 i just looked at my install and sure enough we must have bought the same batch as my blue wire says neg. also and is on the neg. post :eek: , i will change it over and hopefully that fixes my issues. thanks mike. ;)

Fan Issues Still!

Okay i put the blue wire on the positive side as recommended and i am still not getting the fans to work. i also put in the 40amp fuses as racetronix emailed me to do :confused: does anyone have a # for racetronix? or does someone have experience with this issue need some info quick. :( thanks for any help also if you are with racetronix call me 818-957-4230!

nailheadpowered said:
Okay i put the blue wire on the positive side as recommended and i am still not getting the fans to work. i also put in the 40amp fuses as racetronix emailed me to do :confused: does anyone have a # for racetronix? or does someone have experience with this issue need some info quick. :( thanks for any help also if you are with racetronix call me 818-957-4230!

There must be something simple being overlooked here. We will contact you later today but in the future e-mail support@racetronix.com before posting on the forum. This will help you get quick accurate answers to your tech support questions.

The thick red and blue wires go to battery + for fan power.
The thin black wires go to battery - for relay coil ground.
The thick black wire goes to chassis ground beside the power steering box for fan - power.
As long as all of the above wires are hooked up properly and either of the relay control wires (small red and blue) are getting a + signal from the factory harness then one or both of the outputs should be live.
Make sure you have the new connector installed correctly. Black to black, green to red and blue to yellow.

818??? if you are in the san fernando valley we should meet. I dont know anyone out here with a TR.

harness

c'mon and call me like you said you were as all my wiring is exactly as instructed with the grounds were they are supposed to be and the black to black green is to red and blue is to yellow so now what? :rolleyes: You seem to have good products but this whole email customer service thing sucks when trying to get something corrected. :eek: You may want to think about having a # for people who buy your products incase they need tech support so we don't hurt your feelings by complaining on the boards that we can't get it to work. :( FYI!

nailheadpowered said:
c'mon and call me like you said you were as all my wiring is exactly as instructed with the grounds were they are supposed to be and the black to black green is to red and blue is to yellow so now what? :rolleyes: You seem to have good products but this whole email customer service thing sucks when trying to get something corrected. :eek: You may want to think about having a # for people who buy your products incase they need tech support so we don't hurt your feelings by complaining on the boards that we can't get it to work. :( FYI!

We did try to call you back twice but all we ended up getting is an answering machine. E-mail works well and allows us to answer many more questions much faster and with more detail than over the phone. Phone support is great if you can get through or don't sit on hold LD. How many manufacturers answer questions all hours of the day and night like we do? Racetronix support is pretty good compared to many other manufacturers who run 9-5 phone support with techs who provide canned answers. The comment above has NOTHING to do with hurt feelings but rather keeping this thread on track in order to get you up and running as quickly as possible.

If you have all the connections correct and you want to rule out the Racetronix harness you can plug your Valeo fan connector into the factory connector. If your factory system is working the fans should come on once the engine is up to temperature.

As stated before, if all your connections are right and the fuses are good then chances are the problem is somewhere else.

If you need to diagnose your installation of the Racetronix harness contact support@racetronix.com and have your multimeter and a test lead handy.

nailheadpowered said:
Okay my wires are where they are supposed to be the blue and red are power and the black neg. now what? :confused:

Did you properly ground the 'CHASSIS GROUND WIRE' with the spiked ring terminal to the frame of the vehicle?
Did you hook the small black wires running into the ring terminal marked 'BATTERY -' to the negative (black) battery terminal?
Are both fuses in the harness good?

harness issue

Thanks racetronix for the phone call and help sorting out the delima, turns out as per instructions when they say ground wire to chasis (frame) it means just that and not the metal panel that is bolted to the inner plastic fender and the core support. :eek: Turns out after multimeter testing everything etc. that it was then decided to move the ground to the actuall frame and BAM fans worked :rolleyes: so i am know humbled from my frustrated state of threads and greatly thank jack and racetronix for the great help and excellent product. :D :D ;)

I'd say so!! Jack is a Great Vendor!! First class whenever I or people I know have dealt with him so put some ice-cream on your Humble Pie now! :)

so what is the difference between the RACETRONIX dual fan harn and the CASPERS dual fan harn?? Im about to buy one or the other, would like to figure out what the differences are. My search option isn't working correctly right now so I can't switch. But the obvious just by looks seems like the racetronix has bigger gauge wire and some more relays? Thanks in advance, the search feature is buggin!

so what is the difference between the RACETRONIX dual fan harn and the CASPERS dual fan harn?? Im about to buy one or the other, would like to figure out what the differences are. My search option isn't working correctly right now so I can't switch. But the obvious just by looks seems like the racetronix has bigger gauge wire and some more relays? Thanks in advance, the search feature is buggin!

Casper's harness seems to use the car's original ground wire for the fans. At least, the ground wire doesn't go through a relay and may handle the added current. Also, previous posts seem to be showing problems with the connector running hot for the Valeo fans. The Racetronix harness grounds the fans separately and uses a higher capacity connector at the fans. Although, the Racetronix harness uses a Packard three pin connector (like the original) which ties both fan motors together (would require a splice if a motor has to be replaced). Both harnesses use relays to remove the high load from the factory relay. Otherwise, either vendor can chime in and add or correct any information here.